Craig’’s ”Casino Royale” leap tops ”Best James Bond Stunt of all Time” pollSeptember 25th, 2008 - 12:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 25 (ANI): Daniel Craig’’s death-defying crane jump in ”Casino Royale” has topped a new poll of ”The Best James Bond Stunt of all Time”. In the opening scenes of the film, Bond is featured chasing the bad guy into a building site and battling him 200 feet from the ground.
The2006 film marked Craig’’s debut as 007 and the actor took part in the stunt himself.
“It was important to me that I do as many of my own stunts as possible for authenticity. I wanted to be seen jumping from crane to crane, physically exerting myself. I didn”t get fit just to take my shirt off,” the Telegraph quoted him, Craig, as saying.
The scene has beaten classic stunts involving previous 007s Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan, to top the poll for the Radio Times.
The downhill ski chase in ”The Spy Who Loved Me”, which ends with Moore floating to safety under a Union Jack parachute came second, according to the poll of over 1,500 film fans.
The third spot went to Moore’’s ”barrel roll” car jump over a canal in ”The Man With The Golden Gun” while the speedboat leap from ”Live And Let Die” came fourth.
Rounding off the top five was Pierce Brosnan’’s speedboat chase in the ”Thames in The World Is Not Enough”.
The top ten ”Best James Bond Stunt of all Time” are:
1 Crane jump - Casino Royale
2 Ski chase and Union Jack parachute jump - The Spy Who Loved Me
3 Car ”barrel roll” - The Man With The Golden Gun
4 Speedboat leap - Live And Let Die
5 Thames speedboat chase - The World Is Not Enough
6 Aston Martin ejector seat - Goldfinger
7 Dive from the Verzasca Dam - GoldenEye
8 Ski chase - On Her Majesty’’s Secret Service
9 Jumping over crocodiles - Live And Let Die
10 Motorbike jump over a helicopter - Tomorrow Never Dies (ANI)
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Sean Connery, Ursula Andress named best Bond stars of all time - Oct 27, 2008
- Pierce Brosnan thinks he 'never really nailed' 007 role - Apr 15, 2010
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- Fans vote Connery, Andress as ultimate Bond characters - Oct 27, 2008
- William, Harry didn't know queen was 'Bond girl' - Aug 04, 2012
- Pierce Brosnan says 007 role left him 'tangled up in his ego' - Aug 09, 2010
- Clint Eastwood doesn't regret turning down 007 role - Feb 11, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Pierce Brosnan says his second Bond movie wasn't fun - Apr 26, 2010
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Pierce Brosnan returning to TV - Nov 19, 2010
- I'm done with directing Bond films: Martin Campbell (Interview) - Jun 15, 2010
- Sean Connery named Favourite James Bond Actor - Mar 24, 2009
Tags: car jump, casino royale, crocodiles, daniel craig, downhill ski, ejector seat, film fans, george lazenby, man with the golden gun, new poll, parachute jump, pierce brosnan, radio times, roger moore, s casino, sean connery, ski chase, speedboat, time poll, timothy dalton