CPI-M seeks A. Raja’s resignation on 2G-spectrum scamMay 21st, 2010 - 1:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 21 (ANI): Communist Party of India- Marxist (CPI-M) leader Sitaram Yechury reiterated his party’s demand for the resignation of Communication Minister A Raja over the 2G telecom spectrum allocation controversies.
Speaking to mediapersons here on Thursday, Yechury said: ‘It is clear from the auction which has taken place that the government would be getting double the revenue much more than the expectations.”
“The 60,000-70,000 crore rupees talks that have taken place during this auction, if you compare it with the 2G auction; they sold it for a mere 2,000-2500 crore rupees. Since then we are alleging that a huge money scandal is involved in this case. And the 3G auction proves that a scam has taken place,” he added
“Till the scam is investigated, we want the Minister to resign from his post. This was the demand we kept initially and we reiterate the same demands now after the 3G experience,” said Yechury.
The auction for the 3G spectrum telephones was successfully completed on Wednesday after a prolonged exercise lasting 34 days.
Reportedly, this has assured the government of rupees 67,710 crore in revenue with the Pan-India licence price touching rupees 16,750.58 crore .
Communication Minister raja had been gaining criticism and the government is believed to have lost around rupees 60,000 crore for not taking the auction route stipulated by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Companies had to pay rupees 1,651 crore for pan-India 2G licence that came clubbed with start-up spectrum. (ANI)
- 'Spectrum' Raja, aides arrested in telecom scandal (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2011
- Chidambaram decided 2G spectrum prices with Raja: Swamy - Nov 22, 2011
- EGoM to decide on spectrum pricing Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- BJP asks PM to break silence on 2G scam - May 20, 2010
- Reserve price of spectrum major concern: COAI - Jun 30, 2012
- Telecom EGoM to recommend lower reserve price to cabinet for approval (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- More people involved in 2G scam, says Raja's lawyer - Feb 03, 2011
- BJP firm on JPC for 2G spectrum probe - Feb 03, 2011
- Raja, aides presented in court (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- TRAI recommends high base prices for 2G auction - Apr 23, 2012
- Telecom Commission to meet Thursday on TRAI recommendations - May 23, 2012
- EGoM to take final call Tuesday on spectrum pricing - Jun 04, 2012
- TRAI recommends over six-fold cost for 2G spectrum - Feb 09, 2011
- EGoM to recommend spectrum price, but cabinet to take call - Jul 20, 2012
- Raja pulls PM, Chidambaram into 2G scam (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: 3g auction, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, controversies, CPI, exercise, licence price, money, New Delhi, raja, resignation, rupees, scandal, sitaram yechury, spectrum allocation, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telephones, trai