Courteney Cox calls on friends for $1 million charity challengeMarch 23rd, 2008 - 4:27 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 23 (ANI): American actress Courteney Cox is relying on her friends, including Jennifer Aniston, to help her raise 1 million dollars in two weeks for Epidermolysis Bullosa, a rare and debilitating skin condition that mainly affects children.
Cox and her husband David Arquette have recruited a number of famous folks to aid them in the noble cause.
“EB is very personal to me, so I’m happy to be a part of this 1 million dollars challenge,” E! Online quoted Cox, as saying.
“Now is such an important time to put the spotlight on EB and ensure that research can continue at a fast pace,” she added.
Among the many famous personalities taking part in the challenge are Aniston’s ex, Brad Pitt, Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale, Orlando Bloom, Kate Beckinsale, Rashida Jones, James Marsden and Eva Longoria Parker.
Cox and Arquette are heading up the effort as members of the honorary advisory board of the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation, of which Aniston, Pitt, Rossdale and Stefani are also members.
Epidermolysis Bullosa is a condition causing painful blisters to break out after even minor trauma to the skin. Wounds may cover up to 75 percent of the body and never go away.
Few people who suffer from Epidermolysis Bullosa survive past the age of 30. As many as 100,000 Americans may have some form of the condition. (ANI)
- Courteney Cox, David Arquette create own jewellery line for charity - Nov 05, 2009
- It's painful to be away from Stefani: Rossdale - Nov 21, 2011
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin to renew their wedding vows - Aug 15, 2012
- Balancing family, career exhausting: Stefani - Jul 30, 2012
- Josh Hopkins Denies Dating Jennifer Aniston - Sep 13, 2010
- Stefani takes tips from kids for clothing line - Nov 23, 2011
- Stefani struggled to balance work, family - Jul 28, 2012
- Courteney Cox celebrated Christmas with BFF Jennifer Aniston - Dec 28, 2010
- My relationship with hubby 'hasn't been the easiest journey': Gwen Stefani - Mar 11, 2011
- I will sacrifice career for kids: Stefani - Oct 19, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox's friendship is back on - Jul 13, 2012
- I wish 'Friends' wasn't over: Courteney Cox - Mar 26, 2011
- Gwen Stefani spends $15,000 on son's birthday - Jun 05, 2010
- Courteney Cox is not considering divorce at all - Nov 02, 2010
- Love confesses affair with Gwen Stefani's husband - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, actress courteney, american actress, aniston pitt, charity challenge, courteney cox, david arquette, epidermolysis bullosa, eva longoria parker, famous personalities, gwen stefani gavin rossdale, honorary advisory board, james marsden, jennifer aniston, medical research foundation, minor trauma, orlando bloom, painful blisters, rashida jones, skin wounds