Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to Pandher, KoliFebruary 13th, 2009 - 11:28 am ICT by ANI
Ghaziabad, Feb 13 (ANI): A special court in Uttar Pradesh will pronounce the quantum of sentence to the main accused Mohinder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surinder Koli in the Nithari killings case.
Judge Rema Jain will pronounce the quantum of sentence.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Thursday convicted Pandher and Koli who are accused of killing and disposing off the bodies of 19 children and a young woman between 2005 and 2006.
Pandher was found guilty under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 302, 376, 201 and 120B, whereas Koli was convicted under sections 302, 376, 364 and 511.
Pandher was charged with causing disappearance of evidence of offence and giving false information (section 201) and hatching criminal conspiracy (section 120B).
Kohli was charged with the kidnapping or abducting in order to murder (Section 364) and for attempting to commit offenses, which are punishable with imprisonment for life (section 511).
The Nithari killings that came to light two years ago left people across the country flabbergasted.
The skeletal remains of the children were first discovered in a sewer behind Pandher’’s plush D-5 bungalow in Noida’’s Sector 31.
The human skulls were stuffed in 57 gunny bags along with 700 bone pieces.
The investigation of the case was handed over to the CBI on January 11, 2007. The CBI has filed chargesheets in 16 cases. Chargesheets in the remaining three cases are still awaited. (ANI)
- Nithari killings: Koli gets fourth death sentence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari Killings: Pandher, Koli found guilty by CBI court - Feb 12, 2009
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli to be sentenced today - May 12, 2010
- Nithari Case: Pandher, Koli get death sentence - Feb 13, 2009
- Death sentence to Koli in Nithari murder case - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's murder (Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Allahabad HC acquits Pandher in Nithari killings case - Sep 11, 2009
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari case: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's rape and murder (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari murder case: CBI court postpones hearing to May 12 - May 05, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of 7-year-old's rape, murder (Fourth Lead, correcting year in opening paragraph) - May 04, 2010
Tags: 511, bungalow, case judge, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, criminal conspiracy, disappearance, domestic help, false information, gunny bags, human skulls, imprisonment, indian penal code, information section, jain, koli, nithari killings, rema, section 201, skeletal remains