Court to hear Dera chief case todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had directed him to appear before the trial court for grant of regular bail.
The dera chief was granted interim bail on surety of three bonds of Rupees five lakh each.
He was also asked to approach the district and sessions court in Ambala to seek regular bail.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet on July 31, accusing him of murdering sect manager, Ranjit Singh, and a Sirsa-based journalist, Ram Chander Chatterpatti, and for the alleged rape of a Sadhavi.
Two accused, Inder Sain and Avtar Singh were discharged in the Chatterpatti murder case on a defence plea that the duo had not been named as accused by the CBI in the chargesheet.
Three others — Kishan Lal, Kuldip Singh and Nirmal Singh have been facing charges of conspiracy and murder.
Singh has been charged under Section 120-B (Conspiracy) in connection with the case relating to the murder of Ranjit Singh.
The other accused are Kishan Lal, Jasbir Singh, Sabdil, Avtar Singh and Inder Singh, booked under Section 302 (Murder).
Singh is the lone accused under Section 376 (Rape) in connection with the alleged rape of a Sadhavi.
Ram Raheem Singh name was in news after he reportedly wore the ensemble of Sikhs’ Tenth Guru.
A case was also registered against him following a complaint by a Bathinda resident, who accused Singh of hurting the religious sentiments of Sikhs by donning the attire of the tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh. (ANI)
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Court to hear Dera chief case today - Nov 14, 2007
- Hearing in Dera chief's case today - Nov 14, 2007
- Decision on Dera chief's bail plea today - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera chief's interim bail extended till October 20 - Nov 14, 2007
- Hearing in Sauda chief's case extended till October 22 - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Charges framed against Dera Sacha Sauda sect chief - Sep 06, 2008
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Missing nurse case committed to trial, to start April 2 - Mar 27, 2012
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: accused, avtar singh, bail, cbi, conspiracy, defence plea, guru gobind singh, haryana high court, inder singh, jasbir singh, kuldip singh, lal, nirmal singh, punjab and haryana high court, ranjit singh, rape, sikhs, tenth guru, tenth sikh guru