Court to hear Dera chief case todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:33 am ICT by admin
The court had refused Singh’s plea for regular bail on grounds that the Dera chief was not present at the hearing on October 15.
Defence lawyer, however, had stated that Singh was not needed be present.
“The order of the High Court is very clear, it is not necessary for him to be present during the hearing of this bail application. As and when required the court will call him. The judge is satisfied that it wasn’t necessary for him to come,” said, Jasmair Chand, Defence counsel.
The CBI has transferred all the three cases against the Dera chief to a session court.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet on July 31, accusing him of murdering sect manager, Ranjit Singh, and a Sirsa-based journalist, Ram Chander Chatterpatti, and for the alleged rape of a Sadhavi.
Two accused, Inder Sain and Avtar Singh were discharged in the Chatterpatti murder case on a defence plea that the duo had not been named as accused by the CBI in the chargesheet.
Three others — Kishan Lal, Kuldip Singh and Nirmal Singh have been facing charges of conspiracy and murder.
Gurmit Ram Rahim Singh has been charged under Section 120-B (Conspiracy) in connection with the case relating to the murder of Ranjit Singh.
The other accused are Kishan Lal, Jasbir Singh, Sabdil, Avtar Singh and Inder Singh, booked under Section 302 (Murder).
Gurmit Ram Rahim Singh is the lone accused under Section 376 (Rape) in connection with the alleged rape of a Sadhavi.
A case was also registered against him following a complaint by a Bathinda resident, who accused Ram Raheem Singh of hurting the religious sentiments of Sikhs by donning the attire of the tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh. (ANI)
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Court to hear Dera chief case today - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera chief's interim bail extended till October 20 - Nov 14, 2007
- Hearing in Dera chief's case today - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
- Decision on Dera chief's bail plea today - Nov 14, 2007
- Hearing in Sauda chief's case extended till October 22 - Nov 14, 2007
- Missing nurse case committed to trial, to start April 2 - Mar 27, 2012
- Bihar legislator murder: Court grants bail to editor - Apr 28, 2011
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- 2G scam: Five corporate honchos' bail verdict Monday - May 22, 2011
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Bihar legislator's murder: Graver charges against teacher - Aug 09, 2011