Court sends Indian Mujahideen terrorist to 10-day police custodyJanuary 5th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.5 (ANI): A city court on Monday sent a suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorist to ten days police remand for his role in the serial bomb blasts that rocked national capital New Delhi in September last year.
Mohammad Hakim, who was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad on January 2, was sent to police remand till January 15 by Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao.
The alleged terrorist has been charged with providing logistic support to his co-accused in carrying out the September 13 serial blasts in the capital, besides supplying explosives to them.
Seeking his custodial interrogation, Assistant Commissioner of Police Sanjeev Yadav, who is the investigating officer (IO) of the blasts cases, told the court that 12 other co-accused are still absconding and that Hakim needed to be taken to various places like Lucknow, Azamgarh and Mumbai for further investigations.
So far, Hakim has revealed the names of Ariz, Sadab Beg and Asadullah as being the masterminds of the blasts.
A Lucknow court had on January 3 granted Delhi police transit remand of Hakim in connection with the case.
Hakim is also wanted by Maharashtra Police in connection with a case under the Arms Act and Bombay Police Act, UP ATS had said. (ANI)
Tags: ariz, assistant commissioner, azamgarh, bomb blasts, commissioner of police, custodial interrogation, delhi police, gaurav, logistic support, magistrate, masterminds, mohammad hakim, mujahideen, police act, police custody, police remand, sanjeev, serial blasts, uttar pradesh, yadav