Court rejects Kasab’s request to see X-ray platesMay 2nd, 2009 - 8:21 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 2 (ANI): A special court dismissed the plea of Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone survivor of Mumbai terror attacks, for permission to access the X-ray plates of his dental and bone tests to seek medical opinion regarding his age.
Earlier, a special court had ruled that Kasab is not a minor. The court ruling was based on ossification and blood tests submitted to it. The reports claimed that Kasab is aged above 20 years.
Rejecting the plea of the accused, Judge M L Tahiliyani held that this opportunity was given to Kasab’s lawyer Abbas Kazmi, but he did not opt for it then.
The court had earlier allowed Kazmi to call an expert to examine 16 X-ray plates presented by the prosecution regarding ossification and dental tests of the accused.
Kazmi contended that in such vital cases, the apex court allows the accused to examine the X-rays by medical experts.
However, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam opposed his plea saying it cannot be allowed at this point in time. He further blamed that the accused was trying to delay the trial. (ANI)
- Pakistani terrorist Kasab is an adult, rules court (Lead) - May 02, 2009
- Mumbai court rules that Kasab is not a minor as per medical reports - Apr 28, 2009
- 26/11 case: Bombay High Court dismisses Kasab's juvenile plea - Dec 14, 2010
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- Kasab is over 20 years old - medical examiners tell court - Apr 28, 2009
- 26/11 case: Kasab refuses to appear via video link - Oct 20, 2010
- Kasab over 20, doctors tell court trying Mumbai attacker (Lead) - Apr 28, 2009
- Kasab's lawyer Kazmi sacked for 'non-cooperation' (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- Kasab's lawyer found lying, judge threatens to replace him - Nov 26, 2009
- Apex court slams misuse of leniency for minor accused - Apr 14, 2012
- Death for Kasab is victory of justice, says Ujjwal Nikam - Feb 21, 2011
- Kasab's lawyer Kazmi sacked by Special Court (Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- Special court orders medical test to determine Kasab's age - Apr 24, 2009
- Kasab trial adjourned till May 2; accused wants perfumes, toothpaste - Apr 29, 2009
Tags: abbas, ajmal, amir, apex, apex court, blood tests, kasab, kazmi, lawyer, lone survivor, medical experts, mohammed, ossification, plea, point in time, prosecution, public prosecutor, terror attacks, x ray, x rays