Counting on for by poll seats, Congress bags all three seats in KeralaNovember 10th, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
Kerala/ WB/ Shimla/ Rajasthan/ Lucknow, Nov 10 (ANI): The counting of votes is on for the by polls to Firozabad Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh and 31 assembly seats spread across seven states held on November 7. The entire process is expected to be completed by this evening.
Meanwhile, the Congress has won all three assembly seats in Kerala. In Kannur, former CPM Lok Sabha member A.P. Abdulla Kutty defeated M.V. Jayarajan of the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) by over 12,000 votes. In Ernakulam, Dominic defeated CPM’s P.N. Seenulal by more than 8,000 votes and in Alappuzha; A.A. Shukur defeated G. Krishnaprasad of the Communist Party of India by over 5,000 votes.
In West Bengal, the Trinamool Congress is leading in seven out of ten assembly seats, while the CPM is leading in just two assembly constituencies. In Uttar Pradesh, the BSP is leading in eight out of eleven assembly seats.
In Himachal Pradesh, the Congress candidate Sujan Singh Pathania is leading in Jwali constituency, while BJP candidate Khushi Ram Balnahata is ahead of the congress candidate in Rohru by 6000 votes.
In Rajasthan, the Congress is leading in both the assembly constituencies of Toda Bihm and Salumbar.
All eyes are on the result of the Firozabad seat, where Congress candidate and cine star Raj Babbar is pitted against Dimple Yadav, the daughter in law of Samajwadi Party (SP) Chief, Mulayam Singh Yadav.
At Firozabad parliamentary constituency after the end of third round of counting, Congress candidate Raj Babbar is leading over his rival SP candidate Dimple Yadav by 3000 votes. (ANI)
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Congress, Trinamool emerging victorious in by polls - Nov 10, 2009
- Kannauj Lok Sabha bypoll is slated for June 24 - May 23, 2012
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Congress, BSP score big in by-elections, Left routed (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 10, 2009
- UPA and BSP cheer, by-elections crush SP, Left (Roundup) - Nov 10, 2009
- Election Commission braces for vote count - Nov 09, 2009
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Raj Babbar ahead by 30,000 votes in Firozabad - Nov 10, 2009
- Heavy voting in Lok Sabha, assembly by-elections (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2009
- Heavy voting in Lok Sabha, assembly by-polls (Intro-Roundup) - Nov 07, 2009
- Congress swipes all seats in bypolls in Kerala - Nov 10, 2009
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: assembly constituencies, assembly seats, bsp, cine star, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress candidate, cpm, dimple, dominic, himachal pradesh, lok sabha member, parliamentary constituency, raj babbar, rajasthan, ruling communist party, shukur, trinamool congress, uttar pradesh, west bengal