Council of Ministers represents experience, youthful energy: PMMay 29th, 2009 - 12:09 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said that his Council of Ministers represented experience as well as youthful energy and talent.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh expanded his week-old Government by inducting 59 more ministers, who took oath of office and secrecy at the Ashoka Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Talking to mediapersons after the new Ministers were sworn-in at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Prime Minister said his government’s strategy would be economic growth with fiscal prudence.
Dr. Singh, however, refused to elaborate on it, saying that the strategy would be revealed in the President’s Address to the Joint Session of Parliament and in the Budget speech of the Finance Minister.
To a query about the reasons behind the delay in formation of full Council of Ministers, Dr. Singh said that a lot of consultations were to be held before finalising the names, as he wanted to have a thorough examination of the available talent and experience so that the Ministry represented youthful energy and experience. (ANI)
- 13 new ministers sworn in - Jul 12, 2011
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister - Dec 18, 2011
- President accepts Trivedi's resignation (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- Mohammed John sworn in as Tamil Nadu minister - Jun 30, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to take oath as PM today - May 22, 2009
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Ajit Singh sworn-in as cabinet minister (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- 19 ministers to be sworn in - May 22, 2009
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Major reshuffle: three new ministers, three promoted to cabinet rank - Jan 19, 2011
- Two berths vacant for DMK, says PM - Jul 12, 2011
- With Lucknow in mind, Ajit Singh gets civil aviation (Roundup) - Dec 18, 2011
- New Madhya Pradesh governor sworn-in - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: budget speech, consultations, council of ministers, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, economic growth, finance minister, fiscal prudence, joint session, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, new ministers, oath of office, parliament, prime minister manmohan singh, rashtrapati bhavan, secrecy, youthful energy