Coromandel Express derailed in Orissa, 10 feared deadFebruary 13th, 2009 - 11:21 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Feb 13, (ANI): Hours later the Union Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav presented his sixth Railway Budget with claims of reduction in the number of train accidents, 14 bogies of Coromandel Express train derailed at Jajpur railway station in Orissa on Friday evening.
Two bogies behind the engine have been badly affected.
According to reports, 10 persons are feared to be dead while about 100 persons were reported to be injured.
The train was on its way from Howrah to Chennai, derailed near Jajpur road in Orissa at 7.30 pm.
The conditions of some injured are very critical. (ANI)
- Orissa rail tragedy toll revised to nine (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2009
- High-level inquiry to probe Coromandel Express derailment - Feb 14, 2009
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Patnaik visits rail accident site, meets victims (Lead) - Feb 14, 2009
- 15 killed, 150 injured in Orissa train tragedy (Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2009
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Train accident averted in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik visits train mishap site - Feb 14, 2009
- Rail link partially restored, probe starts - Aug 01, 2011
- Twenty injured as train collides with engine in Bihar - Feb 14, 2009
- Derailment toll goes up to two, services partly restored - Aug 02, 2011
- Tracks repaired at Orissa accident site, train services normal - Feb 15, 2009
- One killed, 20 injured in Thane train collision (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Probe begins into Orissa rail accident - Feb 16, 2009
- Three killed, dozens injured as train derailed in Orissa (Third Lead) - Feb 14, 2009