Cop saves woman’s life in J-KSeptember 24th, 2010 - 8:26 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Sep 24 (ANI): In a real gesture of humane approach, a police constable saved the life of a lady in Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla District by donating blood, as there was little hope of arranging the rare blood group in view of the curfew imposed in the area.
Constable Mohammad Aleem No.664 of IRP-14-Bn. saved the life of a lady at Sub District Hospital Baramulla here.
It has been reported that one Hajira wife of Abdul Rashid Chopan resident of Waripora, Rafiabad, Sopore, was brought in a serious condition to Sub District Hospital Baramulla, following some acute gynecological complications.
Doctors attending the lady at the hospital had advised her for immediate blood transfusion to save her life.
Constable Mohammad Aleem, who was performing his duties at the same place, had the same blood group, and he volunteered himself by donating two pints of blood. The life of the lady was thus saved.
Senior police officials later rewarded the constable for showing his humane sprit. (ANI)
- 'Blood transfusion can raise heart attack risk' - Aug 03, 2010
- Militants kill cop in Kashmir - Jun 08, 2011
- Two Jaish-e-Mohammad militants killed in Sopore - Jun 01, 2010
- Voluntary blood donation increases in Haryana - Jun 14, 2011
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Four children die of wrong blood transfusion - Mar 16, 2012
- Voluntary blood donation low in Kerala, say experts - Jun 13, 2010
- Kashmir panchayat candidate injured in firing - May 10, 2011
- Two killed in Kashmir protests (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2010
- Youth's death in firing triggers tension in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Youth's killing triggers tensions in north Kashmir - Feb 11, 2012
- Normalcy prevails in Kashmir Valley with no curfew restrictions on Sunday - Oct 10, 2010
- Outdated blood testing contributes to HIV among thalassemic kids - Jan 07, 2011
- Haryana's Sirsa sets record with 545 blood donation camps - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Probe blood wastage by Himachal medical college' - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: abdul rashid, blood transfusion, chopan, cop, curfew, doctors, donating blood, gesture, humane approach, irp, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, little hope, mohammad, pints of blood, police constable, police officials, rare blood group, srinagar, two pints