Cop dies in guerrilla attack in KashmirJuly 3rd, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 3 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas shot and killed a off-duty policeman in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajpora town in Pulwama district Tuesday.
A senior police officer told IANS that guerrillas fired from a close range at constable Dalbir Singh in Rajpora Chowk Tuesday afternoon, injuring him critically.
The injured constable was shifted to sub-district hospital at Pulwama where he died from his injuries, the officer said.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot. However, sources said no one was detained.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the policeman’s killing.
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Guerrillas kill cop in Srinagar - Sep 28, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- One killed, 11 injured as police barrack roof collapses - Jan 16, 2012
- Kashmir minister escapes bid on life, cop killed - Dec 12, 2011
- Two killed, four wounded in Sopore guerrilla attack - Mar 16, 2010
- National Conference activist shot in Kashmir - Feb 05, 2011
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Three guerrillas, policeman killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 01, 2010
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Two policemen killed by guerrillas in Srinagar - Apr 26, 2011
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012