Convoys of Bengal CM, Paswan attackedNovember 2nd, 2008 - 8:29 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Nov 2 (ANI): West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan had a narrow escape on Sunday when suspected Maoists triggered a blast below a bridge when their convoys were passing.
The incident occurred on National Highway 60 at Kalaichandi Khal under Salboni police station, eight kilometers from Midnapur in West Bengal.
Five policemen, including the driver, of the last car of Paswan’’s convoy were seriously injured, according to reports.
The injured have been rushed to the Midnapur Medical College and Hospital.
Bhattacharjee and Paswan had come to Salboni, to inaugurate the country’’s largest steel project of Jindal Steel Works (JSW), Bengal Steel.
The incident took place when a ”directional landmine” blast took place at Baroa, 17 km from Salboni, from where Bhattacharjee, Paswan, West Bengal Industry Minister Nirupam Sen and industrialist Sajjan Jindal were returning after laying the foundation stone of Jindal Steel Works plant, police said. (ANI)
- JSW Steel to start Salboni project by fiscal-end - Jul 27, 2010
- Bhattacharjee assures JSW of security for Salboni plant - Feb 08, 2010
- JSW Bengal faces no problem in Maoist-hit West Midnapore - Jun 03, 2010
- Sajjan Jindal's Bengal steel project to start soon - Jul 11, 2012
- JSW Steel plans to complete Salboni project in three years - Feb 09, 2010
- Equipment foundation of Salboni project by December - Sep 08, 2010
- JSW Steel to start on Salboni project after Puja: Jindal - Sep 10, 2011
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
- Bengal government's bid to regularise JSW's land (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Bengal to vest 270 acres from JSW Steel - Aug 10, 2011
- Landmine blast was administrative failure: Paswan - Nov 18, 2008
- Bengal government to sort out JSW's plant problems - Oct 29, 2011
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- JSW Steel not worried over Salboni's security scenario - Nov 11, 2008
- Seven West Bengal police officials served notices for security lapses - Nov 05, 2008
Tags: bhattacharjee, chief minister, convoys, foundation stone, industrialist, industry minister, jsw, khal, landmine blast, last car, laying the foundation, maoists, medical college, narrow escape, nov 2, police station, policemen, steel project, union minister, west bengal