Conspiracy to finish Hindus: ThackerayMarch 27th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 27 (ANI): Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray on Friday asserted that there is a conspiracy against Hindus, and added there is along term aim to corner and kill them.
“There is a conspiracy afoot to corner Hindus and finish them. In this election, Hindus should unitedly show their iron fist and unfurl the saffron flag atop the Red Fort,” Thackeray was quoted by party mouthpiece Saamna.
Supporting Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi for his recent speech in Pillibhit, Thackeray said, “If Varun Gandhi merely uttered something in an aggressive manner in interests of Hindus, the so-called secular elements demanded his banishment from poll arena.”
“When Muslims, Christians and other religions look after their interests in the elections, why shouldn’t the Hindus do so,” he said.
Varun Gandhi, who has been accused of making inflammatory anti-Muslim remarks at an election meeting in Pilibhit on March 6, recently thanked Thackeray for supporting him all through.
He also sympathised with Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur saying that she was being served “insects” in her meals.
Blaming the Congress for ignoring Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist caught in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Thackeray said, ” Kasab and his ‘green gang’ is left aside… they are targeting Malegaon blast accused just because they are Hindus,” said Thakeray.
“Does Congress want to bring an Islamic rule in the country by pushing Hindus to the background?” he asked.
BJP ally in the coming elections, Thackeray-led Shiv Sena holds a stronghold in Maharashtra, where it will be contesting 22 of the 48 seats. (ANI)
- Imprisonment of Varun Gandhi, an attempt to gather Muslim votes: Thackeray - Apr 01, 2009
- Bal Thackeray targets Congress, Gandhi family - Sep 07, 2012
- Bal Thackeray, Uddhav thunder at Dussehra rally - Oct 18, 2010
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- Shiv Sena pitches in for Pranab Mukherjee for president (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Bal Thackeray roars at massive election rally - Feb 12, 2012
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- Varun Gandhi thanks Thackeray for his support - Mar 25, 2009
- Congress misleading on Ambedkar memorial, Thackeray warns Dalits - Jan 02, 2012
- Bal Thackeray blasts Congress for petrol price hike - May 16, 2011
- Court order promotes 'balika vadhus' among Muslims: Thackeray - Jun 08, 2012
- Now, Raj Thackeray also snubs Gopinath Munde - Feb 16, 2011
- Thackeray warns Modi against pampering Muslims - Oct 20, 2011
- Thackeray blasts Team Anna - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: aggressive manner, amir, bal thackeray, banishment, conspiracy, green gang, hindus, iron fist, islamic rule, janata party, maharashtra, mouthpiece, mumbai, poll arena, pragya, saffron, shiv sena chief, stronghold, term aim, varun gandhi