Congress wins Bardwali, BJP wins Kapkot by-pollsJune 1st, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
Agartala/ Uttarakhand, June 1 (ANI): The Congress has won the by-polls in the Bardwali assembly constituency in Tripura.
Asish Saha defeated ruling Left Front and Forward Bloc rival Shyamal Roy by a margin of 3,244 votes. Saha secured 12,937 votes, while Roy secured 9,693.
The seat turned vacant after the demise of Congress MLA and former Chief Minister Sudhir Ranjan Majumder in January 2008.
In Uttarakhand, BJP candidate Sher Singh Garhia won the Kapkot assembly by-election. He defeated Kunti Parhiar of NCP by a margin of 7,167 votes.
Congress candidate Chamu Singh Gasyal remained on the third spot.
Garhia managed to secure 13,823 votes, while Parihar secured 6,656 votes.
The Kapkot assembly seat fell vacant after former Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshiyari was sent to Rajya Sabha last year after he led a rebellion against his arch rival and Chief Minister B C Khanduri.
On Thursday, an estimated 78 per cent voters exercised their franchise for Bardwali Assembly Constituency in Tripura and 50 to 55 per cent for Kapkot Constituency in Uttarakhand. (ANI)
- Congress defeats Forward Bloc in key Tripura by-poll - Jun 01, 2009
- Results for 3 Assembly by-polls to be declared by Monday afternoon - Jun 01, 2009
- CPI-M's easy win in Tripura bypoll - Jun 15, 2012
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Record 95 percent turnout in Tripura by-poll - Jun 12, 2012
- Trinamool wins both seats in Bengal assembly by-polls - Jun 15, 2012
- Haryana bypolls campaigning ends, voting Wednesday - Nov 28, 2011
- Over 65 percent voting in Punjab bypoll - Jul 11, 2012
- Bypoll to South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- YSR Congress leads the Andhra by-elections - Jun 15, 2012
- Over 65 percent polling in Punjab bypoll (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Nearly 79 percent polling in Haryana bypolls - Nov 30, 2011
- BJP's Khanduri loses in Uttarakhand - Mar 06, 2012
- 18 children killed as Uttarakhand school building collapses - Aug 18, 2010
- Celebrities becomes 'giant-killers' in Bengal polls - May 13, 2011