Congress was unjust to Ambedkar : AdvaniApril 14th, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 14 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) primeministerial candidate L K Advani on Tuesday accused the Congress of being unjust towards the chief architect of Indian constitution Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
Talking to reporters here on the occasion of 118th birth anniversary of Ambedkar, Advani said that the Congress planned the defeat of Dr. Ambedkar in the 1952 general elections.
“In the year 1950, the constitution was passed, first general elections were held in the year 1952. If they (Congress) included him (Ambedkar) in the ministry andmade him a law minister and Chairman of Constitution Drafting Committee, he could have been sent to the Lok Sabha. But he was defeated in a planned way. They did not allow him to win, Dr Ambedkar lost the 1952 polls, ” said Advani.
Advani, who was attending the flagging off ceremony of a Dalit awareness march, also attacked Congress President Sonia Gandhi for her statement that India was in greater danger from people within than from foreign terrorists.
Terming the statement as ‘unfortunate’, he said, “Taliban is spreading its wings in Afghanistan, this is only a question of time that they will take over Afghanistan. And how far it is from us, they are so close.”
“It has posed a big danger and the leaders of the Congress party do not understand. In the midst of such dangers it is being said that the Bharatiya Janata Party is a bigger terrorist, (implying) that terrorists are not so dreadful, it is very unfortunate,” added Advani. (ANI)
- Nation pays homage to Bhim Rao Ambedkar on his 55th death anniversary - Dec 06, 2010
- Shiv Sena candidate in MCD polls attacked - Apr 12, 2012
- Advani accuses Congress of communalising UP polls - Feb 19, 2012
- Pawar criticises RPI's alliance with BJP, Shiv Sena - Jun 10, 2011
- No disrespect shown to Ambedkar: PM, Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2009
- NCP wants Mumbai station named after Ambedkar - May 30, 2011
- Time to vote out the corrupt, Advani urges UP's voters - Feb 24, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani asks Prime Minister to face JPC probe or quit - Dec 22, 2010
- Not obsessed to be PM, Congress solid in UP: Rahul (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Not obsessed with PM's post, Congress solid in UP: Rahul (Third Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Advani highlights issue of corruption in his latest blog - Mar 06, 2011
- Advani, Khurshid condole Shekhawat's death - May 15, 2010
- Mayawati unveils two statues of B. R. Ambedkar on his 54th death anniversary - Dec 06, 2010
- Advani compares 2012 presidential poll to 1969 - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: awareness march, bharatiya janata party, bhim, birth anniversary, chief architect, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, dr ambedkar, drafting committee, general elections, greater danger, indian constitution, l k advani, law minister, Lok Sabha, midst, New Delhi, question of time, rao, taliban