Congress to field candidates against RJD, LJPMarch 31st, 2009 - 7:50 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Mar 31 (ANI): The Congress Party on Tuesday said that it would field its candidates in Bihar against the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo, Lalu Prasad Yadav, and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan, who it considers as its biggest enemies in the coming general elections.
Agitated over the decision by the RJD and LJP to contest all the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar, state PCC chief Anil Kumar Sharma said, “RJD and LJP have made Congress their enemy number one in the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar.”
He accused the two parties of ditching the Congress to defeat the party’s nominees in the state and give advantage to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Sharma revealed that the Congress will field candidates against Lalu Yadav in Pataliputra constituency and against Paswan in Hajipur.
The party, however, failed to contest against Lalu in Saran, the filing of nomination for which ended on Monday.
Charging the RJD and LJP for playing ‘politics of opportunism’, Sharma said Lalu has put up his party’s state president Abdul Bari Siddiqui against Union Minister of State for Home and Congress candidate Shakeel Ahmed in Madhubani.
“It is meaningless to point out that it is bound to help Bharatiya Janata Party nominee Hukumdeo Narain Yadav in the parliamentary constituency,” he said. (ANI)
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- RJD, LJP seal seat sharing agreement ahead of Bihar assembly polls - Aug 16, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
- Voting in Bihar for Rajya Sabha seats - Jun 17, 2010
- Congress fields dissident RJD candidate against Lalu - Apr 15, 2009
- Voting for Purnia by-poll under way in Bihar - Jun 25, 2011
- Bihar ready for round one of elections - Oct 20, 2010
- Jethmalani, Mallya Anand Sharma makes it to Upper House - Jun 17, 2010
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Cross voting in Bihar Rajya Sabha polls (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Campaign ends for first phase of Bihar polls - Oct 19, 2010
- Paswan, Rudy win Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar - Jun 17, 2010
- Lalu slams Nitish for mounting inflation in Bihar - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: congress candidate, congress party, elections in bihar, enemy number one, field candidates, general elections, janata party, lalu prasad yadav, ljp, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, madhubani, national democratic alliance, opportunism, parliamentary constituency, party nominee, playing politics, ram vilas paswan, siddiqui, state president