Congress slams Advani for repeatedly criticizing ManmohanApril 12th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 12 (ANI): Congress leader and Minister of State for External Affaires, Anand Sharma, on Sunday slammed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani for repeatedly criticizing Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
He further said Advani’s own record as Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister had been a disaster.
“The personalised attack on the Prime Minister is condemnable and shows desperation and frustration of Advani whose own record as Home Minister and Deputy PM has been a disaster,” Sharma told reporters here.
Sharma also ridiculed Advani’s challenge to the Prime Minister for a live television debate, describing it as electoral gimmick and diversionary tactic of the BJP.
“It was an electoral gimmick and diversionary tactic as BJP lacks substance and national agenda to govern. Manmohan Singh has provided a firm leadership to the country and he does not need any certificate from the BJP for his leadership capabilities,” Sharma added.
Sharma said that Manmohan Singh Government has delivered all its promises.
“Manmohan Singh commands respect for his ability, integrity and intellect in India and the world. The BJP should be ashamed of dragging political debate to a low level,” Sharma added. (ANI)
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- PM brushes aside resignation demand - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP paints itself into corner on coalgate (Comment) - Aug 25, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Delhi in mind, Advani starts yatra from Bihar - Oct 12, 2011
- Modi's absence, talk of PM candidate, cloud BJP meet (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2011
- Aggressive Sonia spurs Congress, forces Advani to retract (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Advani like old gramaphone record, says Congress - Feb 15, 2011
- I pity Manmohan Singh, says Advani - Feb 17, 2011
- Combative Manmohan refutes Opposition charges of buying MPs (Intro-roundup) - Mar 23, 2011
- Opposition mounts pressure on UPA, Congress hits back (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Combative Manmohan refutes opposition charges of buying MPs (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2011
- I liked Manmohan when he wasn't PM: Advani - Nov 02, 2011
- Gadkari allegations diversionary tactics, says Congress - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: anand sharma, congress leader, deputy prime minister, desperation, diversionary tactic, dr manmohan singh, home minister, intellect, janata party, krishna, lal krishna advani, leadership capabilities, live television, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister of state, national agenda, political debate, prime ministerial candidate, television debate