Congress should support Pawar as next PM: SangmaMay 15th, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, May 15 (ANI): Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and former Lok Sabha Speaker Purno Agitok Sangma on Friday reiterated that the Congress should support Sharad Pawar as the next Prime Minister.
“We should make all efforts to form non-Congress, non-BJP government headed by Sharad Pawar. We already have support of Jayalalithaa (AIADMK), Navin Patnaik (BJD), Chiranjeevi (Praja Rajyam), Manohar Joshi (Shiv Sena) and Amar Singh (Samajwadi Party). The Congress should also gracefully support the candidature of Sharad Pawar as next Prime Minister,” Sangma told reporters here.
Meanwhile, Senior NCP leader and Union Minister Praful Patel said that Sharad Pawar is not the only choice for the Prime Minister’s post.
“The NCP has at no point stated that Sharad Pawar will be the only choice for the PM. The NCP has always on the contrary stated that we do not have the requisite numbers. The numbers are with the largest party and in this case it is Congress,” Praful Patel told reporters in the national capital. (ANI)
- BJP is not untouchable, Congress cannot be trusted: Sangma - May 15, 2009
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- I have quit NCP, says Sangma - Jun 20, 2012
- Consensus growing in favour of Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- NCP skips cabinet meeting over 'problems' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Pranab all set for Rashtrapati Bhavan (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- President should be from tribal community: Sangma - May 17, 2012
- Patience, says Congress, amid presidential suspense (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Pawar unlikely to attend PM's dinner for president - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: aiadmk, amar singh, bjd, bjp government, candidature, chiranjeevi, contrary, guwahati, Lok Sabha, manohar joshi, nationalist congress party, navin, praful patel, praja, prime minister, purno agitok sangma, Samajwadi Party, sharad pawar, shiv sena, union minister