Congress seeks apology from former RSS chief for remark “Sonia, a CIA agent”November 11th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.11 (ANI): The Congress on Thursday demanded apology from the former Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief K S Sudarshan for his remarks against Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Sudarshan reportedly called Sonia Gandhi an American CIA agent and held her responsible for the assassinations of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi.
Congress spokesperson Janardhan Dwivedi said that a nationwide protest would be conducted as RSS has crossed all limits.
The youth congress workers did stone pelting outside the RSS office.
“Sudarshan has said nasty things against Soniaji which is not acceptable to us. He must apologies. We can’t tolerate it. He must apologies to the nation or else criminal proceedings will be initiated against him for his derogatory remarks,” said senior Congress leader Rajiv Shukla. (ANI)
- Sudarshan's anti-Sonia remarks provoke youth Congress protest - Nov 12, 2010
- Lalu Yadav condemns Sudarshan's anti-Sonia Gandhi remarks - Nov 13, 2010
- Congress workers have right to protest Sudarshan's remark - Nov 11, 2010
- RSS wing cadres pelt stones at Congress office - Nov 15, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Congress protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress, RSS workers clash in Jabalpur - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress workers wave black flags at Sudarshan at Indore - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS-Congress activists clash in Lucknow - Nov 12, 2010
- Over 250 Congress leaders held in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress workers in Orissa burn Sudarshan effigy - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress in Jammu protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Rosaiah, other Congress leaders hold anti-RSS protest - Nov 12, 2010
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: american cia, apologies, apology, assassinations, cia agent, congress leader, congress president sonia gandhi, congress workers, criminal proceedings, derogatory remarks, former prime minister, indira gandhi, nasty things, New Delhi, rajiv gandhi, rashtriya swayamsewak sangh, rss chief, s sudarshan, spokesperson, youth congress