Congress releases list of 12 candidates in GujaratMarch 9th, 2009 - 10:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 9 (ANI): The Congress on Monday announced candidates for 12 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat, including Union Ministers Dinsha Patel, Shankersinh Vaghela and Naran Bhai Rathwa.
Union Minister of Textiles Shankarsinh Vaghela will contest from the Panchmahal constituency.
Union Minister of State for Petroleum Dinsha Patel will be contesting from Kheda, while Union Minister of State for Railways Naran Bhai Rathwa will enter into fray from Chota Udepur constituency.
The polls will be held on April 30.
Pradesh Congress Committee President Bharatbhai Solanki will contest from his home constituency Anand, while former Indian Youth Congress President Satyajit Gaekwad has been given the ticket from Vadodara.
The Congress had won 12 of the 26 parliamentary seats from Gujarat during the 2004 Lok Sabha elections.
For Kutch seat, which has been converted into SC reserve after delimitation, the party has fielded local leader Valji Danicha.
The party has also declared candidate for union territory Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Veteran tribal leader and sitting MP Mohan Delkar, who has recently joined the party, has been fielded from here. (ANI)
- Vaghela named in Congress list of 12 for Gujarat - Mar 09, 2009
- BJP improves Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Voting opens in Gujarat - Apr 30, 2009
- Arjun Modhvadia named Gujarat Congress chief - Mar 03, 2011
- Vaghela to counter Modi fast - Sep 14, 2011
- Vaghela ends fast, says Modi government betrayed trust - Sep 20, 2011
- Congress members harming party prospects in Gujarat: Shastri - Jul 31, 2012
- Shankarsinh Vaghela to head Congress' Gujarat campaign panel - Sep 02, 2011
- Shankarsinh Vaghela loses in Panchmahals - May 16, 2009
- BJP adds to Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Key contests in round three of Election 2009 - Apr 29, 2009
- Top Gujarat Congress leaders slam Modi, announce satyagraha - Sep 15, 2011
- BJP ahead in Gujarat with 15 seats (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Congress in Gujarat: Lost in the shadows (Gujarat Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2011
- Vaghela predicts early polls in Gujarat - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: bhai, committee president, congress committee, congress president, dadra, home constituency, kheda, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, nagar haveli, naran, parliamentary seats, satyajit, solanki, tribal leader, union minister, union ministers, union territory, vaghela, youth congress