Congress’ poll campaign goes hi-tech in GujaratNovember 21st, 2007 - 2:21 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, Nov 21 (ANI): The Congress party in Gujarat has taken to video canvassing in a bid to reach out to voters of the state ahead of the next months elections.
The party has hired small vans with LCD screens to move across remote areas of the state to highlight the partys achievements.
“The idea is to reach out to remote villages, where there is no cable connection or television and other means of campaigning cannot reach them. These video vans will go there and impart UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s message,” said Rohit Patel, a party worker.
The canvassing will also highlight the failures of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
“We aim to apprise the people about the false promises that the BJP has made to voters. This type of campaign will help even illiterates comprehend the ground situation. We are trying to reach out to various sections of people including women and traders,” said Manish Doshi, a party campaigner.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi who is the star campaigner for the BJP, has often accused by human right activists of fomenting communal violence in Gujarat before the 2002 state election.
Over 36 million voters will elect the 182-member Assembly in Gujarat. The term of the Assembly expires on December 26, 2007.
The first phase of elections in Gujarat will be held on December 11 and second phase on December 16. The counting of votes will taken place on December 23. (ANI)
- Parties plan campaign spin to suit election pitches - Apr 01, 2011
- National leaders to campaign in Bengal next week - Apr 08, 2011
- Poll panel warns against canvassing for postal votes - Apr 23, 2011
- Modi to campaign in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 10, 2012
- Campaign ends for third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 25, 2011
- It's now Facebook, Twitter, Youtube for candidates in local polls - Apr 06, 2012
- Campaigning ends for fourth phase of Bihar polls - Oct 30, 2010
- Poll campaigning peaks in north Bengal districts - Apr 13, 2011
- Modi steps up attack on Congress-led UPA - Jun 10, 2012
- Modi raising issues devoid of substance: Congress - Apr 14, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Andhra by-elections - Jun 10, 2012
- Campaigning ends for fifth phase of Bihar polls - Nov 07, 2010
- UP elections sans fanfare this time - Jan 29, 2012
- Hundreds of thousands vote in UP (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Campaigning ends for third phase of Bihar polls - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: aim, apprise, bjp, campaigner, communal violence, comprehend, congress party, elections, false promises, ground situation, gujarat, highlight, manish doshi, member assembly, narendra modi, poll campaign, sonia gandhi, UPA, vans