Congress Party leaders express joy over party’s successMay 16th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi/Chennai, May 16 (ANI): Congress Party leaders on Saturday appeared joyous over the initial leads as the Congress-led UPA is set to return to power for second term.
Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes, who expressed joy and gaiety on the success of the party, said, “It’s a very big result and a very good return for all of us.”
Another senior leader of the party, Ambika Soni, said, “According to the results that are coming out today, everything has become very clear. Five-year tenure of the UPA, of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and attraction of youth towards the UPA made us confident that we would get more seats,” said
Meanwhile in Chennai, the Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK), and an ally of Congress party, workers burst crackers and distributed sweet celebrating the victory.
“I think, I should thank people of Tamil Nadu for being very decisive in pointing victory of the DMK-Congress,” said Dayanidhi Maran, DMK party leader.
The UPA is leading in 253 seats and the NDA in 158 seats. The Third Front is leading in 85, till the reports last filtered in. (ANI)
- Karunanidhi to discuss seat-sharing with PM, Sonia - Jan 31, 2011
- DMK ministers to submit their resignations to PM - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK ministers to resign from Union Cabinet tomorrow - Mar 06, 2011
- DMK ministers meet Pranab, as discussions on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK, Congress sign formal agreement on seat sharing - Mar 09, 2011
- Congress-DMK talks on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- Karunanidhi meets Prime Minister, discusses fishermen killings - Jan 31, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- DMK-Congress seat sharing impasse ends, Congress gets 63 - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK pull out from Government put off by a day - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK's Baalu to attend UPA second anniversary - May 22, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- DMK asked to re-think resignations - Mar 07, 2011
- PM's coalition politics comments won't affect ties with Congress: DMK - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: ally, chennai, congress chief, congress leader, congress party, crackers, dayanidhi maran, dmk, dravida, fernandes, gaiety, manmohan, manmohan singh, nda, New Delhi, party leader, party leaders, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sonia gandhi