Congress MLAs protest against water shortage in Madhya PradeshMay 14th, 2010 - 10:42 pm ICT by ANI
Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), May 14 (ANI): Congress MLAs staged a demonstration outside the state assembly in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhopal city on Friday to protest against the acute water shortage.
The protestors carried empty pots and buckets as a mark of their mass protest.
They raised slogans against the state government for its inefficiency and turning a blind eye to the people’s problems.”Everyone is crying over the problem of water and electricity. People sleep outside their homes. People have to walk five kilometres just to get water. Water from the tankers is being sold for Rs 300 to 500 in the municipal office,” said MLA Govind Rajput.
“Previously, we used to get water for free, but now we are getting water in exchange of money and it’s the case all over Madhya Pradesh,” he added.
Rajput also mentioned that the story is the same across the state, barring a few places.
Another protestor said that in some areas there is no water supply, adding that the water table has gone down in entire Madhya Pradesh. (ANI)
- Water shortage in Gujarat, citizens demonstrate - May 07, 2010
- Alert sounded in Madhya Pradesh after girl killed over water - Apr 01, 2010
- Third Gandhi visits Maharashtra, but drought continues... - Apr 28, 2012
- UP gifts Rs.20 lakh to MLAs for cars, opposition protests - Jul 03, 2012
- Acute water crisis in Bhopal TB hospital affecting patients - May 28, 2009
- Train derails in Madhya Pradesh, villagers save lives (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Hundreds protest in Bhopal against Binayak Sen's conviction - Jan 01, 2011
- Congress activists protest against government apathy towards farmers in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 13, 2011
- BJP MLA to be put through lie detector test in Masood murder case - Mar 09, 2012
- Protest against water shortage in New Delhi - May 14, 2010
- PDP supporters slam Abdullah Govt. over inflation - Jan 04, 2011
- Alert in Madhya Pradesh after water row kills girl (Lead) - Apr 01, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly adjourned over Anderson's extradition issue - Jul 19, 2010
- Man killed in water row - Apr 21, 2010
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: acute water shortage, buckets, congress mlas, demonstration, electricity, empty pots, inefficiency, kilometres, mass protest, protestor, protestors, rajput, slogans, state assembly, state government, tankers, turning a blind eye, water supply, water table, water water