Congress may review decision over Tytler, Sajjan contesting pollsApril 7th, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 7 (ANI): Congress may review its decision to contest Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar, who were facing charges of involvement in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case till recently.
“The Congress is a large party and it takes considered decisions at appropriate time. Let us see what solutions emerge in the future,” said Ashwini Kumar, Congress Spokesman.
Congress indicated a possibility of reviewing its both leaders’ following a shoe-throwing incident in All India Congress Committee (AICC) headquarter in Delhi.
An agitated journalist of the Dainik Jagran newspaper threw a shoe at Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram during a press conference at the Congress headquarters here today morning.
Jarnail Singh had asked Chidambaram to explain over giving clean chit given to Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in the 1984 Sikh riots by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Chidambaram refused to answer and said that he did not want to make any political statement at a platform not meant for it.
A journalist of nearly 20 years standing, then threw his shoe at Chidambaram.
Security swung into action immediately and took Jarnail Singh into custody soon after the incident. (ANI)
- Throwing footwear: A trend to showcase anger - Oct 18, 2011
- I will react only after court's judgement: Tytler - Apr 09, 2009
- Slipper attack on Kalmadi latest in similar assaults - Apr 26, 2011
- Shoe attacks started with George Bush - Jun 06, 2011
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011
- Shoe-throwing scribe honoured by Sikhs in Canada - Nov 06, 2009
- Tytler apologizes for 'shameful' 1984 riots - Apr 10, 2009
- Shoe-throwing scribe to release book on anti-Sikh riots - Nov 05, 2009
- Shoe-chucking turning into a popular protest form (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Sikhs protest to demand Rajoana's release - Mar 28, 2012
- BJP condemns shoe attack on home minister - Apr 07, 2009
- SAD announces 2,00,000 cash reward for shoe-throwing journalist - Apr 07, 2009
- Tytler seeks CBI probe into shoe attack on Chidambaram - Apr 20, 2009
- Tytler asks for CBI probe into shoe-throwing on Chidambaram - Apr 20, 2009
- Sikh scribe chucks shoe at Chidambaram, Congress forgives (Roundup) - Apr 07, 2009
Tags: 1984 sikh riots, anti sikh riots, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, congress leader, congress spokesman, dainik jagran newspaper, decisions, india congress committee, jagdish tytler, journalist, New Delhi, p chidambaram, polls, sajjan kumar, union home minister