Congress leading in HaryanaMay 16th, 2009 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, May 16 (ANI): The Congress party is leading in nine of the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana two hours after the counting for the parliamentary elections began Saturday.
The Congress is leading in Gurgaon, Rohtak, Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Bhiwani-Mahendragarh, Ambala, Karnal, Sonepat and Faridabad.
The Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC), which is led by former Chief MInister Bhajan Lal, is leading in Hisar.
The Congress had won nine out of the 10 seats in the 2004 general elections.
In the union territory of Chandigarh, Congress candidate Pawan Kumar Bansal was leading over his BJP rival. (ANI)
- Congress ahead in nine of Haryana's 10 seats - May 16, 2009
- Congress heading for near clean sweep in Haryana (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Congress repeats 2004 sweep in Haryana - May 16, 2009
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Haryana to have panchayat elections in 8 districts - Jun 15, 2010
- Haryana plans science summer coaching in schools - May 01, 2011
- Congress competing with its own record in Haryana (Poll Curtainraiser - Haryana) - May 06, 2009
- Haryana's Lok Sabha battle is for a bigger war - Apr 20, 2009
- Bishnoi resigns from Haryana assembly - Oct 24, 2011
- Nearly 79 percent polling in Haryana bypolls - Nov 30, 2011
- After Hisar defeat, uphill task for Hooda in by-polls - Nov 07, 2011
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Counting begins in Haryana assembly bypoll seats - Dec 04, 2011