Congress-JMM-RJD reaches an understanding on seat sharing in JharkhandMarch 9th, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 9 (ANI): The three vital parties within the United Progressive Alliance (UPA), the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and the Congress have reached an understanding on seat sharing in Jharkhand, JMM leader Teklal Mahto told reporters in New Delhi.
While the Congress will contest six seats in the state, JMM will contest five seats and RJD will field its candidates in three seats.
AICC in-charge for Jharkhand K Keshav Rao and Congress screening committee Chairman Mukul Wasnik had earlier met JMM supremo Shibu Soren to discuss the issue of seat sharing.
The decision was finally declared after RJD Chief Lalu Prasad Yadav met Soren at the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIMMS), where the latter is admitted for urinary tract Infection.
The three parties had stood united in the last Lok Sabha elections too, where the Congress had won six seats, JMM four and RJD two. (ANI)
- Jharkand legislator dies of heart attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- Soren 'unpredictable', says BJP - May 21, 2010
- Jharkhand's politics theatre of the absurd, says BJP (Second Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Shibu Soren's flip-flop puts BJP in spot (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- JMM willing, but Congress undecided on forming government - Jun 19, 2010
- Hope BJP will support our Rajya Sabha candidate: JMM - Mar 26, 2012
- Talks on with BJP and Congress, says defiant Soren - May 22, 2010
- Congress-JMM reach a consensus on seat-sharing in Jharkhand, leave two seats for RJD - Mar 18, 2009
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Jharkhand bypoll: JMM retains Mandu - Dec 04, 2011
- Differences in JMM on backing BJP-led government - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: aimms, committee chairman, congress, india institute, jharkhand mukti morcha, jmm leader, keshav, lok sabha elections, medical science, mukul, New Delhi, progressive alliance, rao, rjd, screening committee, shibu soren, urinary tract infection, yadav