Congress hopes for ‘passive support’ from Naveen PatnaikMay 15th, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 15 (ANI): The Congress Party is hoping for ‘passive support’ from Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Biju Janata Dal (BJD) President Patnaik has assured the Congress that he will abstain in the confidence vote.Congress President Sonia Gandhi called Patnaik and reaffirmed her support.
Earlier, Patnaik ruled out supporting the Congress or the BJP-led government at the Centre after the general elections.
He said the ties with the BJP ended because of the communal violence in the state, especially the Kandhamal district, and the ‘unreasonable demands’ made by it during seat-sharing talks. (ANI)
- BJD not to support Congress, BJP govt. at Centre - May 16, 2009
- Mayawati silent on Sangma's bid at presidency - May 19, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- BJD, AIADMK back Sangma for presidency (Intro Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD backs Sangma for president - May 17, 2012
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Congress never cared for poor but enriched itself, says Gadkari - Jan 17, 2011
- BJD, AIADMK back Sagma for president (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress, BJP government at Centre - Apr 08, 2009
- Patience, says Congress, amid presidential suspense (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Why is church complimenting Patnaik, asks BJP - Mar 10, 2009
- Government wins first NCTC battle in parliament (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: biju, bjd, bjp, chief minister, communal violence, confidence vote, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, general elections, janata, naveen patnaik, New Delhi, orissa, ties, unreasonable demands