Congress hits out at BJP for making remarks against PM over 2G scamDecember 22nd, 2010 - 7:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 22 (ANI): Congress Party slammed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for its renewed attack on the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, at the National Democratic Alliance (NDA)’s public rally here on Wednesday, where they demanded his resignation over the 2G scam.
“The rally is being held by those, who are the most known practitioner of corruption. They are champions for not acting on corruption. Was Yeddyurappa removed? In the Tahelka case, no FIR was filed even after four years,” said Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi.
“We are very serious on this matter and our view is clear that corruption will not be tolerated. In the history of politics’, no other PM has offered such an unprecedented offer to appear before the Public Accounts Committee,” he added.
Earlier today, the BJP demanded the resignation of Dr. Manmohan Singh over the 2G scam.
Addressing a public rally organised by the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) here, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said: “The Prime Minister should either face a Joint Parliamentary probe or else “resign on moral grounds”.
Attacking the Congress, Jaitley said corporates and lobbyists decide policies in the Congress regime.
“Congress leaders are trying to distract people on the issue of corruption indulging in cover up,” he added.
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said the Government should mention why Congress is against JPC.
“Cite one reason why you are against JPC? You are ready to face PAC (Public Accounts Committee in Parliament) but not JPC, why? Sonia Gandhi or the Prime Minister should say at least once why they are against it,” said Swaraj.
She further said that if the Prime Minister did not give a suitable answer, it proved he had something to hide and did want to face members of Parliament.
Meanwhile, Venkaiah Naidu said: “The Congress is behaving as if they are in oppositions and we are the ruling party. I would like to remind them that we are in the opposition and they are on the ruling side. Without any accountability they are behaving in the most irresponsible manner.”"We want to tell the Congress to do something for people, save them from price rise, save people from corruption,” he added.The NDA rally is being held just two days after the Congress plenary where its leaders took turns to attack the BJP on issues ranging from right-wing terror to land scam in Karnataka.
The aim of the rally is to target the Congress-led UPA on various corruption scams that have hit the government over the past few months. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh should face JPC or quit: BJP - Dec 22, 2010
- You have lots to hide, Sushma to PM - Dec 22, 2010
- Face JPC or quit, BJP tells PM; Congress hits back (Roundup) - Dec 22, 2010
- Congress rejects demand for PM's resignation over JPC - Dec 22, 2010
- NDA demands PM's resignation over 2G scam - Dec 22, 2010
- NDA criticises UPA for failure to form JPC - Feb 20, 2011
- Gadkari insists on JPC probe in 2G scam - Dec 21, 2010
- Opposition mounts pressure on UPA, Congress hits back (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Face JPC or quit, BJP tells prime minister (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Remove corrupt UPA government: Gadkari - Dec 22, 2010
- Advani asks Prime Minister to face JPC probe or quit - Dec 22, 2010
- BJP wants PM to go, vows to disrupt parliament (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's resignation over CAG report on coal blocks (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- National Democratic Alliance to hold massive rally in Delhi - Dec 22, 2010
- NDA to launch nationwide protests against corruption - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, congress leaders, congress party, corporates, dr manmohan singh, history of politics, lobbyists, manmohan, manmohan singh, members of parliament, moral grounds, national democratic alliance, oppositions, parliamentary probe, public accounts committee, public rally, ruling party, sonia gandhi, suitable answer