Congress doesn’t need BJP’s advice to tackle terrorism: Sonia GandhiApril 23rd, 2009 - 10:14 pm ICT by ANI
Dhar (Madhya Pradesh), Apr 23 (ANI): Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday said that her party did not need the Bharatiya Janata Party’s advice for tackling issues like terrorism.
Sonia Gandhi also accused the BJP of kneeling down to terrorists during the Kandahar plane hijack episode.
“When the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was in power, it had bowed down to terrorists, but now, the same party is telling us how to deal with terrorism,” she said at an election rally here.
The UPA chairperson also criticized the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for opposing the nuclear deal.
“The BJP had opposed the nuclear deal, which the UPA government signed with USA to solve electricity woes. The BJP may stop all development in the country,” she added.
Gandhi recalled the sacrifices made by her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi and husband Rajiv Gandhi for the country. (ANI)
- Presidential poll: Pranab, Sangma to file papers Thursday - Jun 27, 2012
- BJP undecided about attending Lokpal meet: Gadkari - Jun 30, 2011
- Verdict on Thomas biggest blow to government: BJP - Mar 03, 2011
- Jaitley snubs Congress on FDI - Dec 12, 2011
- Trinamool takes 'painful' decision to back Pranab (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- Crucial NCTC meet begins in Delhi - May 05, 2012
- Support grows for Pranab's candidature (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi no potent political force, says BJP - Jun 03, 2011
- Congress seems ahead in presidential sweepstakes, BJP stuck - May 03, 2012
- Would like to see Pranab challenged: Subramanian Swamy - Jun 16, 2012
- Advani apologises to Sonia for black money allegations - Feb 18, 2011
- Advani asks Prime Minister to face JPC probe or quit - Dec 22, 2010
- After NCP, RLD supports Ramdev on black money - Jun 07, 2012
- His 'yatra' over, Advani calls for UPA's ouster (Roundup) - Nov 20, 2011
- BJP indulging in politics of division: Rahul Gandhi - Mar 31, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, chairperson, congress president sonia gandhi, dhar, election rally, electricity, husband rajiv gandhi, indira gandhi, kandahar, madhya pradesh, mother in law, national democratic alliance, nda, nuclear deal, plane hijack, sacrifices, terrorists, UPA, woes