Congress, BJP should join hands: GovindacharyaMay 15th, 2009 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 15 (ANI): Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ideologue K. N. Govindacharya on Friday said that the Congress and the saffron party should come together to form the next government at the Centre.
Govindacharya, who quit the BJP in early 2003 over differences with senior leaders, justified his notion by mentioning that the two parties coming together would mean the eclipse of political instability.
“In such a situation, I feel for the politics of the country and for ending political instability, Congress and the BJP should form a government together. The Congress and the BJP hold same views but show off different strategies. Because both have been following pro-rich and pro-foreign policies,” Govindacharya told reporters here.
He further said that both the BJP and the Congress have same views on the issues like Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) and even same foreign policies.
Govindacharya held a position of General Secretary in the BJP before he quit the party in 2003 to undertake research on indigenous ways of managing socio-economic issues. (ANI)
- PM as FM: revisiting 1991? - Jun 30, 2012
- Silent PM, talkative Congress members (Comment) - Sep 04, 2010
- BJP, Congress should jointly form next government: Govindacharya - Feb 11, 2009
- Congress slams Ramdev, BJP, Anna - Jun 08, 2011
- Goa's land scam haunts two Congress ex-chief ministers - Dec 06, 2011
- After Uma, Govindacharya quits his organisation - Apr 04, 2010
- Govindacharya decries BJP support to JMM - Dec 29, 2009
- Neither Congress nor BJP has the people's mandate (Comment) - Apr 21, 2012
- Assocham for tax sops to promote SEZs - Apr 22, 2012
- No surefire winners in race to be PM (Comment) - Sep 24, 2011
- Naidu asks Congress to spell out its Telangana stand - May 27, 2011
- Absence of Big Idea leaves Congress without direction (Comment) - May 12, 2012
- Congress defends PM, Chidambaram after 2G order - Feb 03, 2012
- Andhra to get deputy chief minister to counter Telangana stir - May 08, 2011
- BJP's leadership vacuum will help Congress (Comment) - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress, eclipse, economic issues, economic zones, foreign direct investments, foreign policies, general secretary, ideologue, New Delhi, notion, political instability, saffron party