Congress announces candidate against Ram Vilas PaswanApril 3rd, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 3 (ANI): The Congress has fielded Dasai Choudhary against Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan in the Hajipur parliamentary constituency in Bihar.
The decision came days after Paswan joined hands with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad and the Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh to form an alliance to contest the upcoming general elections.
Hajipur will go to the polls on April 23 in the second phase of the three-phased elections in Bihar.
The party also announced that it would field Vineeta Vijaya from the Muzaffarpur seat. Former Union Minister George Fernandes is contesting as an independent from the constituency. (ANI)
- After Lalu, Paswan slams Congress party - Apr 19, 2009
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Congress fields dissident RJD candidate against Lalu - Apr 15, 2009
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Ram Vilas Paswan files poll papers in Bihar - Apr 02, 2009
- We will be come to power in Bihar: Paswan - Nov 22, 2010
- No one wants Bihar's 'Osama' this time - Oct 14, 2010
- JD-U, BJP leading in Bihar - May 16, 2009
- Voting for Purnia by-poll under way in Bihar - Jun 25, 2011
- Lalu Yadav announces second list of RJD's candidates for Bihar polls - Oct 04, 2010
- Bihar verdict will decide high-stakes battle - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: congress, general elections, george fernandes, janata, lalu prasad, ljp, lok, mulayam singh, New Delhi, parliamentary constituency, polls, ram vilas paswan, Samajwadi Party, second phase, union minister, vijaya, vilas