Comptroller and Auditor General unable to access Reliance documents on KG Basin projectAugust 8th, 2009 - 7:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 7 (ANI): The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) said on Saturday that it is in the process of auditing government’s gas contract with Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), but has not been able to access the books of the contractor for about two years.
According to the sources the audit of the capital expenditure of Rs 45,000 crore by RIL in its Krishna-Godavari Basin gas fields, has gone into a limbo.
Earlier, the Director General of Hydrocarbons V.K.Sibal said, “The CAG team has carried out the audit work.”
The CAG official said the special audit was being done on the government’s request under the New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) for finding natural gas and other petroleum products.
The CAG is also auditing over six other contracts between Government and RIL.
RIL is investing USD 8.836 billion (about Rs 42,500 crore) in developing the Dhirubhai-1 and 3 gas finds in block KG-D6 - first two of the 18 gas finds in the block. (ANI)
- Varun questions BJP 'silence' on CAG's Reliance report - Sep 10, 2011
- RIL denies wrong-doing in production sharing contract (Lead) - Sep 08, 2011
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- Reliance, BP form joint venture for gas business - Nov 18, 2011
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- Reliance Industries violated gas contract: Auditor - Sep 08, 2011
- KG basin gas row: SC to deliver verdict today - May 07, 2010
- Krishna-Godavari gas output being kept low: Anil Ambani firm - Aug 04, 2009
- Audit of Reliance Industries gas fields soon: Minister - Dec 15, 2009
- 'Premature' plea against RIL's exploration licence rejected (Lead) - Sep 05, 2011
- BJP, Left slam government on CAG report - Jun 17, 2011
- Review of Reliance Industries gas not over yet: Auditor (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2009
- CAG report on RIL inflating costs only an interim draft: Oil Minister - Jun 20, 2011
- Government gives nod for Reliance Industries-BP deal - Jul 22, 2011
- New oil blocks up for auction with no more tax breaks - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: ambani, audit work, auditing, basin project, cag, capital expenditure, comptroller and auditor general of india, crore, dhirubhai, gas contract, godavari, hydrocarbons, krishna godavari basin, limbo, nelp, petroleum products, reliance industries, reliance industries limited ril, rs 42, sibal