Compromise on Kashmir will spark nationwide stir: BJPJune 23rd, 2011 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Calling the Kashmir issue a “gift of the Nehru family”, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday warned the Congress-led central government of a nationwide agitation if any compromise on the issue was made.
Speaking here on a day when the two-day foreign secretary level talks between India and Pakistan began in Islamabad, BJP leader L.K. Advani said the party had information that the government was in a mood to make a compromise on the Kashmir issue.
“We also get information time to time that an unofficial agreement has been done. The BJP is spread across the country, if any type of compromise on Kashmir is done and they try to turn the clock back to the situation before 1953, a nationwide agitation will take place which no one can imagine,” Advani said.
Advani blamed former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru for creating the “Kashmir problem”.
“Our countrymen should know that the Kashmir problem is Nehru family’s special gift to the nation,” he said.
“Our country has paid an incalculable price for Nehruji’s failure to settle the Kashmir issue once and for all in India’s favour at the time of partition. Nehruji’s blunder was totally avoidable,” he added.
- Compromise on Kashmir will spark nationwide stir: BJP (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Kashmir problem is Nehru's special gift to India: Advani - Jun 26, 2011
- Advani blames Nehru for 'festering sores' of Kashmir, terrorism - Feb 15, 2010
- Army being demonised in Kashmir: Advani - Nov 16, 2011
- Shyama Prasad's death still a mystery: Advani - Jul 10, 2011
- PM's post should not become fiefdom of a family : Advani - Jun 26, 2011
- Advani skips BJP core committee meeting - Jun 13, 2012
- PM should confront Bangladesh on infiltration: Advani - Jul 10, 2011
- Nehru responsible for Kashmir situation: Advani - Jul 07, 2010
- Advani turns 84, recalls association with RSS - Nov 08, 2011
- Congress has distorted thinking on Kashmir, says Advani - Jan 30, 2011
- Will raise black money issue during yatra: Advani - Oct 09, 2011
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- Kalam may not contest presidential election - Jun 18, 2012
- Government capitulating to secessionists in Kashmir: Advani - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, blunder, central government, compromise, countrymen, favour, former prime minister, india and pakistan, information time, jawaharlal nehru, kashmir, kashmir issue, kashmir problem, l k advani, nationwide agitation, nehru family, New Delhi, partition, prime minister jawaharlal