Company official killed by labourers in CoimbatoreSeptember 23rd, 2009 - 4:06 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore, Sep 23 (ANI): A group of agitating workers of an auto parts manufacturing company in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on Tuesday lynched the Vice President (Human Resource) of the company to death.
Six workers barged into Pricol Limited and attacked employees of company’s human resource department including Vice-President Roy J George got badly hurt.
George, 47, succumbed to serious head injures in hospital.
According to the police the assault was a reaction to their dismissal from service.
The company had dismissed around 42 workers on Saturday on account of indiscipline.
In a statement, the company stated that its utilisation capacity was slipped to ten percent and some workers were not letting the others work.
George was trying to initiate a dialogue with the agitating workers to bring the operations back on track.
Police arrested 12 workers of the company belonging to All India Central Council of Trade Unions (AICCTU) on charges of murder. A case has been registered against them under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Earlier, the AICCTU had made various demands before the management.
Company sources said trouble between the workers and the management had been on for the last two years.
Security has been beefed up as a precautionary measure in the company premises.(ANI)
- Labour Minister condemns lynching of businessman in Coimbatore - Sep 23, 2009
- Senior HR executive dies after attack by company workers (Lead) - Sep 22, 2009
- Senior Pricol executive dies after attack by workers (Second Lead) - Sep 22, 2009
- Stalin meets labour leaders on Pricol issue - Oct 02, 2009
- Pricol official succumbs to injuries in hospital - Sep 22, 2009
- Labour problems dog multinationals in Tamil Nadu - Jun 28, 2010
- Pricol Travel plans two acquisitions - Jun 27, 2011
- One killed in fire at Maruti car plant - Jul 19, 2012
- Protesting Hyundai workers roll out cars on empty stomach - Nov 30, 2011
- Sacked Hundai workers detained, hunger-strike foiled - Nov 30, 2011
- Balco officials sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Nov 17, 2009
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: auto parts, company premises, company sources, company stated that, dialogue, head injures, human resource department, india central, indian penal code, indiscipline, j george, labourers, management company, manufacturing company, precautionary measure, tamil nadu, track police, trade unions, vice president