Community Radio Station to start in Vidisha, Madhya PradeshFebruary 26th, 2009 - 3:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has signed a Grant of Permission Agreement for establishing, maintaining and operating a Community Radio Station at Sironj Tehsil, Vidisha District, Madhya Pradesh with Indian Society for Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP), a Delhi-based NGO.
A letter of intent has been issued to the organisation by a Screening Committee.
The community radio station is expected to be operational within three months as per the agreement.
This brings the count of total community radio stations sanctioned by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to 107 which include 34 NGOs, 45 educational institutions, nine State agricultural institutions and 19 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
The Ministry encourages setting up the community radio station as it promises to provide an opportunity to the local communities to express themselves, share their views and particularly empower the women, youth and the marginalized groups to take part in local self governance and overall socio-economic and cultural development of the area.
It will also better inform the society about the developmental initiatives of Government and promote transparency in the implementation of the schemes. (ANI)
- Frequencies that touch lives: India's growing community radio stations (Feature) - Jul 31, 2012
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- Ambika Soni to inaugurate 'National Community Radio Sammelan' - Apr 06, 2011
- Community Radio Station to start at Mumbai - Oct 05, 2009
- Govt. to consider setting up of 'Community Radio Fund': Ambika Soni - Apr 07, 2011
- T. Pudupatty in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Jun 05, 2009
- Panjab University gets own community radio - Feb 13, 2011
- Gurgaon to have Community Radio Station - Sep 30, 2009
- Community radio station to come up at IIT Kanpur - Feb 10, 2009
- Bihar's illiterate youth inspires story in NCERT book - Jun 01, 2010
- Namakkal in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Sep 17, 2009
- Strike cripples AIR, Doordarshan operations in Kerala - Nov 23, 2010
- Fund planned to encourage community radios: Soni - Apr 08, 2011
- Community Radio Station to come up in Sirsa''s Chaudhary Devilal University - Mar 02, 2009
Tags: agribusiness professionals, agricultural institutions, community radio station, community radio stations, developmental initiatives, educational institutions, implementation, letter of intent, madhya pradesh, marginalized groups, ministry of information, New Delhi, ngo, permission agreement, screening committee, self governance, tehsil, three months, transparency