Community Radio Station to come up in Sirsa’’s Chaudhary Devilal UniversityMarch 2nd, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 2 (ANI): The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has signed a Grant of Permission Agreement for establishing, maintaining and operating a Community Radio Station (CRS) at Tagore Bhawan, Chaudhary Devilal University.
The CRS is expected to be operational within three months as per the agreement.
Chaudhary Devi Lal University was established by the Government of Haryana by an Act of Legislature in the year 2003 and was inaugurated on April 5, 2003.
The University has been running 16 academic departments, which offer 21 career oriented and specialized courses to the students.
The proposed CRS would primarily serve the university community residing in and around the University Campus by inculcating more cohesiveness among its members through their active involvement in its programming.
The rural community living in the coverage area of the proposed CRS would be another major group to be served by it. 82.6 per cent of the population comes under the radius of this CRS is rural. Only 5.8 per cent belongs to the urban area.
The ministry encourages setting up the CRS as it promises to provide an opportunity to the local communities to express themselves, share their views and particularly empower the women, youth and the marginalized groups to take part in local self governance and overall socio-economic and cultural development of the area.
It will also better inform the society about the developmental initiatives of Government and promote transparency in the implementation of the scheme. (ANI)
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- T. Pudupatty in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Jun 05, 2009
- Gurgaon to have Community Radio Station - Sep 30, 2009
- Community radio station to come up at IIT Kanpur - Feb 10, 2009
- Community Radio Station to start at Mumbai - Oct 05, 2009
- Frequencies that touch lives: India's growing community radio stations (Feature) - Jul 31, 2012
- Namakkal in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Sep 17, 2009
- India, Bangladesh announce joint Tagore celebrations - Apr 07, 2011
- China donates Rs.53.6 lakh for Tagore gallery - Aug 28, 2010
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- China to expand government procurement program - Feb 11, 2012
- Rural development spending not limited to BPL: Ramesh - Oct 03, 2011
- Norway, India extend programme on child, maternal mortality - Jun 19, 2012
- Government announces grants for book fairs - Jun 15, 2011
- Tagore exhibition opens at Edinburgh Napier University - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: academic departments, cohesiveness, community radio station, coverage area, crs, developmental initiatives, government of haryana, implementation, lal, major group, marginalized groups, ministry of information, New Delhi, permission agreement, radius, rural community, self governance, three months, transparency, urban area