Community radio station to come up at IIT KanpurFebruary 10th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 10 (ANI): The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India has signed a Grant of Permission Agreement for establishing, maintaining and operating a community radio station (CRS) at Media Technology Centre, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.
The CRS is expected to be operational within three months as per the agreement.
The CRS being established in IIT, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh will serve the surrounding populace comprising of students, housewives, skilled and unskilled labourers, petty traders and private and government employees as well as retired persons.
The CRS will disseminate knowledge on health care, agriculture, science and technology in addition to the literacy programmes for children and adult.
The station will provide a platform for creative and innovative programme making and run awareness campaigns on social issues. It will also have group discussions on contemporary topics.
The Ministry encourages setting up the CRS as it promises to provide an opportunity to the local communities to express themselves, share their views and particularly empower the women, youth and the marginalized groups to take part in local self governance and overall socio-economic and cultural development of the area.
It will also better inform the society about the developmental initiatives of Government and promote transparency in the implementation of the schemes. (ANI)
- Community Radio Station to come up in Sirsa''s Chaudhary Devilal University - Mar 02, 2009
- Gurgaon to have Community Radio Station - Sep 30, 2009
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Namakkal in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Sep 17, 2009
- Frequencies that touch lives: India's growing community radio stations (Feature) - Jul 31, 2012
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- T. Pudupatty in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Jun 05, 2009
- Community Radio Station to start at Mumbai - Oct 05, 2009
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Ambika Soni to inaugurate 'National Community Radio Sammelan' - Apr 06, 2011
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test - Jun 22, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Community Radio Station to start in Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh - Feb 26, 2009
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: agriculture science, awareness campaigns, community radio station, crs, developmental initiatives, government employees, government of india, group discussions, iit kanpur, indian institute of technology, marginalized groups, media technology, ministry of information, permission agreement, populace, retired persons, science and technology, self governance, social issues, technology centre