Commonwealth Games lanes restrictions from todaySeptember 24th, 2010 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 24 (ANI): Traffic restrictions on Commonwealth Games lanes will be implemented from today.
The restrictions will be on the route from the airport to Games Village in Akshardham between 11am and 12 noon and 10pm to 11pm.
Anyone deliberately straying into the lanes while they are operational will attract a fine of Rs 2,000.
A notification to invoke the fine or impounding of vehicle for violators entering the Games lane was issued by the Lt Governor’s office earlier this month.
Those who are found “deliberately violating” the rule will be penalised.
Public is advised to avoid as far as possible CWG lanes in general and Safdurjung Road, Kamal Ataturk Marg, Panchsheel Marg, Sardar Patel Marg, Siri Fort Road, Harsukh Marg, Purana Quila Road and Mother Teresa Crescent Road in particular as these roads are having two lanes in one carriage way and one lane of it is already reserved for Games related traffic.
Traffic police had earlier decided to enforce restrictions on these lanes from Monday, but later postponed it as the organisers said the first batch of Commonwealth Games athletes would not reach the city before Thursday. (ANI)
- Games road lane trial planned during rush hour - Sep 12, 2010
- Trial on Games lane cancelled due to heavy rains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- CWG has added to woes of Delhiites, says JD-U leader - Sep 28, 2010
- Games lane to be operational from Thursday - Sep 22, 2010
- Games lane violators to be fined Rs.2,000 - Sep 03, 2010
- Dedicated lanes for Games to be used only when needed - Sep 23, 2010
- 100 motorists face action for entering Games lanes - Sep 27, 2010
- Traffic woes continue for Delhiites (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- Games ties up Delhi traffic in snarls, not all complain - Sep 28, 2010
- CWG lane trials create traffic chaos in Delhi - Sep 14, 2010
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Games traffic curbs to be enforced Sunday - Sep 25, 2010
- 62 drivers penalised for entering Delhi's CWG lanes - Oct 09, 2010
- Delhi braces for dedicated Games lanes - Sep 26, 2010
- Traffic police to hold trials on Games lanes - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: akshardham, commonwealth games, crescent road, kamal ataturk, lt governor, marg, mother teresa, New Delhi, organisers, panchsheel, purana quila, rs 2, sardar patel, siri, traffic police, traffic restrictions, traffic traffic, violators