Coming soon, a deodorant to reduce underarm hair growthDecember 8th, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 8 (ANI): Cosmetic giant, Unilever, is set to launch a deodorant which will not only leave you with a lasting fragrance, but would also potentially reduce the growth of underarm hair.
The company has developed the innovative product for its Dove and Sure ranges as a roll-on and aerosol.
The pro-epil complex, the result of three years of research, claims to gradually make underarm hair finer and noticeably slows down the rate of growth.
“We are really excited to be opening up an entirely new segment in the deodorant category, The Telegraph quoted Murray Bisschop, senior deodorant category manager at Unilever, as telling trade magazine The Grocer.
He added: “This gives women all the efficacy of Dove and Sure deodorants with an advanced added beauty benefit that no other deodorant brand currently offers.
“The pro-epil complex contains natural extracts and it is critically important for Unilever not to launch anything that is potentially risky.”
Although the ranges have not been designed as an alternative to waxing treatments, the company has claimed that they will reduce skin irritation caused by hair regrowth.
The Sure and Dove Hair Minimising Deodorant will be seen on supermarket shelves from January next year and according to Unilevers prediction, it will generate 10 million pounds in 2009.
But, the launch of the new range may reduce the sales of the standard Dove and Sure deodorants by about a third, with the target audience of young females trying out the new variants.
A 6.4 million pounds marketing campaign, including television adverts will support the launch of the new deodorant range. (ANI)
- Unilever opens $100 mn plant in Mexico - Jul 07, 2011
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Chemical found in deodorants linked to breast cancer - Jan 13, 2012
- Akshay to endorse anti-perspirant brand (With Image) - Oct 17, 2011
- Unilever to acquire St. Ives and VO5 manufacturer Alberto Culver for $3.7 billion - Sep 27, 2010
- Hindustan Unilever's third quarter net profit down 1.8 percent - Jan 25, 2011
- Bruce Willis launches his own cologne - 'Bruce Willis' - Jul 07, 2010
- Tired of dark armpits? Here is the solution - Apr 05, 2009
- Nicole Richie to expand handbag line - Jul 01, 2011
- Hair today, gone tomorrow - the natural way! - Jun 30, 2011
- How Brazilian wax came into being - Sep 23, 2010
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Madhuri's wax statue to be unveiled March 7 - Feb 05, 2012
- Wondering what to gift your sister this Rakhi? - Aug 12, 2011
- Budget supermarket Aldi sells miracle cream at cut-price version - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: added beauty, aerosol, category manager, deodorant, deodorants, giant unilever, grocer, hair growth, hair regrowth, innovative product, launch, marketing campaign, natural extracts, skin irritation, supermarket shelves, target audience, television adverts, underarm hair, unilever, waxing