Colin Farrell says drinking almost killed himOctober 11th, 2008 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, October 11 (ANI): Actor Colin Farrell, who has appeared in several high-profile Hollywood films including Miami Vice and Daredevil, has confessed that his alcoholic addiction almost killed him.
While on the Jonathan Ross show, the star admitted that he developed a taste of the devastating habit while he was in his early teens.
And confessed that he was desperate to quit before it consumed him.
I”d been drinking since I was 14, Contactmusic quoted him as telling the BBC host.
He said: I was pretty sick. At the beginning [of recovery] I found it really hard.
“For me there was no choice… it was tough but I was dying.
I was struggling not to have a complete meltdown… I was just gone.
“I”m glad I”m out of that cycle, I”m very lucky.” (ANI)
- Farrell's memory loss - Aug 17, 2012
- Sarah Harding was addicted to sleeping pills - Jan 07, 2012
- Colin Farrell became "really bad news" on Miami Vice set - Apr 11, 2010
- 'Alexander' reviews left Farrell in depression - Jan 02, 2011
- Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood - Jul 31, 2012
- Colin Farrell went into deep depression after flop of 'Alexander' - Jan 01, 2011
- Colin Farrell not involved in London club brawl - Apr 20, 2010
- How Colin Farrell, Liz Taylor became friends - Mar 31, 2011
- Sex-addict British woman demands sex four times a day! - Aug 12, 2011
- Keith Urban says wife Nicole Kidman helped him kick his drug addiction - Dec 01, 2010
- Farrell to play vampire in 'Fright Night' - May 02, 2011
- Colin Farrell is done with smoking - Jul 15, 2011
- Colin Farrell has lost all memories of his last 10 drunken years - Nov 03, 2008
- Farrell loves spending time in gym - Aug 18, 2011
- Ozzy Osbourne still suffers from drug side effects - Feb 19, 2011