Coldplay, Leona Lewis top iTunes 2008 salesDecember 3rd, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, December 3 (ANI): Coldplays latest album Viva la Vida and Leona Lewis new single Bleeding Love have topped iTunes sales for 2008.
While the Brit alternative rock bands fourth studio CD became the best-selling album of 2008, the Brit pop-R&B singers latest release went on to grab the top-selling single title.
Coldplay, whose album had sold more than 2 million copies since its June release, had sell more than 500,000 digital copies, mainly through iTunes, according to the groups rep.
Jack Johnsons Sleep Through the Static bagged the second best album spot with Juno, Lil Wayne’’s Tha Carter III and Sara Bareilles” Little Voice finishing the iTunes top 5.
Lewis” label, J records, too confirmed that the artists recent single had sold 3.2 million digitally, reports China Daily.
iTunes further revealed that Coldplays album title track featured at No.2 in the most downloaded list followed by Flo Ridas Low (featuring T-Pain), Katy Perry’’s “I Kissed a Girl” and Rihanna’’s “Disturbia.” (ANI)
- Leona Lewis named Americas Top New Artist of 2008 - Dec 11, 2008
- Black Eyed Peas, Kings of Leon top iTunes best sellers of 2009 - Dec 09, 2009
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Susan Boyle tops overseas album sales chart for second year running - Feb 22, 2011
- Beatles sell over 2 million songs in first week on iTunes - Nov 24, 2010
- Black Eyed Peas top iTunes most-purchased song list - Feb 17, 2010
- T-Pain to perform in India next week - Jun 12, 2011
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Taylor Swift beats Lady Gaga record and sets new iTunes Record - Aug 15, 2012
- Take That's Progress leads UK album chart - Nov 22, 2010
- Susan Boyle loses top US album spot to Ke$ha - Jan 15, 2010
- Perry to donate new song's proceeds to charity - Feb 17, 2012
- Rihanna tops 'Most Active Music Artists On Social Media Websites' list - Dec 03, 2010
- Take That's 'Progress' named 'biggest-selling album of 2010 in UK' - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: alternative rock bands, amp, best selling album, brit pop, china daily, coldplay, digital copies, disturbia, flo, juno, leona lewis, lil wayne, little voice, New Delhi, rihanna, sara bareilles, singers, studio cd, t pain, tha carter