Cockroach scare forces closure of Indian takeawayNovember 7th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov.7 (ANI): Health inspectors have shut down an Indian takeaway after a customer found a live cockroach in their food.
The Mogul Tandoori, in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, was infested with insects, and Cotswold District Council’’s Environmental Health Officers immediately shut it down on Sunday.
The council’’s Public Protection Team visited The Mogul on Monday.
It found poor hygiene standards as well as live and dead cockroaches.
A Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order ensuring The Mogul remains shut has now been granted at Cheltenham Magistrates” Court.
This is the worst cockroach infestation I have seen and was enough to result in a significant risk of contamination of food, said senior specialist environmental health officer Amanda Morgan
Public protection manager Kate Bishop said: “The action taken by the officers to formally close the business was not taken lightly, but it was necessary. Once the infestation is under control, the premises will be able to open again.” (ANI)
Tags: closure, cockroach, cockroach infestation, cockroaches, contamination, cotswold district council, dead cockroaches, environmental health officer, environmental health officers, gloucestershire, health inspectors, hygiene standards, indian takeaway, insects, magistrates court, mogul tandoori, poor hygiene, premises, prohibition, scare