Coastguard arrest 18 Pakistani fishermen in GujaratFebruary 14th, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
Porbandar, (Gujarat), Feb 14 (ANI): Coastguard officials arrested 18 Pakistani fishermen around 286 nautical miles off the port city of Porbander in Gujarat on Friday.
They also seized a boat named ”Gul-O-Sarwar”.
Marine police are investigating the matter.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other’’s fishermen for encroachment. Security of Indian coasts has been beefed up after last year’’s terror attacks in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Ten Sri Lankan fishermen arrested off Andhra coast - May 30, 2011
- Ten Indian fishermen held by Pakistanis - Jan 08, 2011
- Coast Guard nabs Pakistani boat, fishermen for trespassing - Nov 28, 2010
- 20 Pakistani fishermen arrested by Coast Guard - Nov 09, 2009
- Five Pakistani fishermen arrested off Jamnagar - Jan 06, 2011
- Pakistan arrests 23 Indian fishermen - Apr 04, 2012
- 12 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Dec 17, 2011
- Three Pakistani fishing boats seized off Gujarat coast - Dec 02, 2010
- Pakistan arrests 31 Indian fishermen - Jan 22, 2012
- Intercepted suspect ship may have been hijacked: Officials (Lead, With images) - Aug 15, 2011
- Pakistan marine security men kidnap Indian fishermen - Oct 29, 2010
- Tragedy strikes Kerala waters again, two killed (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Oil spill off Mumbai from sunken ship - Aug 07, 2011
- India releases 19 Pakistani fishermen - Jun 01, 2010
- I-Day scare: Navy intercepts suspicious ship off Mumbai, recovers weapons - Aug 15, 2011