Coal PSUs comply with companies actFebruary 16th, 2009 - 3:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 16 (ANI): The Ministry of Coal today clarified that the Central Coalfields Ltd. (CCL) and the Bharat Coking Coal Ltd. (BCCL), PSUs under the administrative control of the Coal Ministry, have been regularly filing their annual return, profit and loss account and balance sheet with the Registrar of Companies (RoC), in full compliance with the relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 1956.
Further, these accounts were duly audited both by the statutory auditors and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
This clarification by the Ministry has been sent to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs after the reports that appeared in the Press that the Ministry of Corporate Affairs had received complaints regarding these PSUs among others for not filing their annual return, profit and loss account and balance sheet for several years.
The Coal India Ltd. (CIL) has also verified and ascertained the compliance of both these companies, which are wholly owned subsidiaries of CIL.
The Coal Ministry has thus asked the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to set the record straight and make public the factual position in respect of these two companies. (ANI)
- CAG pulls up Coal India for avoidable expenditure - Sep 04, 2012
- We cannot meet power firms' coal demands: Minister - Dec 01, 2011
- Jharkhand asks coal firms to cough up taxes - Nov 21, 2010
- Central Coalfields loses heavily due to strike - Oct 10, 2011
- Mining, railways hit hard in Jharkhand due to power failure - Jul 31, 2012
- Reverse privatisation of minerals: CPI-M - Aug 30, 2012
- Jharkhand stops land acquisition for BCCL - Mar 23, 2012
- CCL's production reaches 48.01 MT in 2011-2012 - Apr 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh wants public sector firms to spend on development - Jul 24, 2010
- CIL production up, but profit before tax declines - Oct 06, 2009
- Neyveli Lignite denies fraud charges - Jul 05, 2011
- Strike hits Coal India mines in Orissa - Oct 10, 2011
- Prime Minister's statement on coal block allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Coal India to assess extent of illegal coal mining - Aug 22, 2012
- 720,000 tonnes of coal annually smuggled in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2010
Tags: administrative control, balance sheet, bccl, bharat coking coal ltd, ccl, cil, clarification, coal india ltd, companies act, compliance, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, corporate affairs, New Delhi, profit and loss, profit and loss account, registrar of companies, relevant provisions, statutory auditors, subsidiaries