Closeness and intimacy are most valuable things in mens sex livesDecember 10th, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Dec 10 (ANI): Closeness and intimacy are the most valuable things in the sex lives of men, according to a global study.
The survey involved more than 1,000 committed couples aged in mid-life or older, from the US, Spain, Japan, Germany and Brazil, reports the NZPA.
They were asked about the importance of their relationship, sexual behaviour and also the role sex played independently in the health and life satisfaction of the men and women.
Men returned stereotype-busting results on the question of what they derived from sex.
“Partnered sexual activity is important to men and women across all countries,” the study said.
“Contrary to cultural stereotypes, across all countries surveyed, men rated the importance of sex for closeness and intimacy to their partner more highly than did their female partners,” the study added.
In the survey, it was found that American men rated the importance of having “sex for intimacy” at 8.14, compared to 7.5 for US women, and the other countries continued in the same pattern.
However, the results could be skewed by women generally placing less importance on all matters to do with sex, and it also seems they are generally less interested in having it.
The study has been released at the Congress of the European and International Societies for Sexual Medicine in Brussels. (ANI)
- Sex before marriage hampers healthy relationship - Sep 02, 2012
- Cuddling vital for long-term happiness among couples - Jul 05, 2011
- Focusing on your partner's looks can ruin your romantic relationship - Apr 09, 2011
- Kiss or cuddle is what people crave for rather than sex: Study - Jan 16, 2011
- Unhealthy lifestyle linked to sexual problems - Jul 07, 2011
- Obesity 'harms sexual health' - Jun 16, 2010
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- Hormonal contraception drives joy out of sex for women - Oct 31, 2011
- Men are not from Mars, nor are women from Venus: Study - Mar 23, 2011
- Men like wet kisses while women want to keep them long! - Feb 12, 2011
- Not just a handmaiden: Critical role of social science in HIV Prevention Research - May 25, 2010
- Men reach orgasm after vaginal intercourse while women with oral sex - Oct 04, 2010
- Semen is 'good for women's health and helps fight depression' - Aug 22, 2012
- Diabetes impairs but does not halt sex among older adults with the disease - Aug 27, 2010
- Women 'as likely as men to enjoy casual sexual' - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: american men, closeness, cultural stereotypes, female partners, global study, having sex, international societies, intimacy, japan germany, life satisfaction, men and women, mid life, nzpa, sexual activity, sexual behaviour, sexual medicine, spain japan, stereotype, wellington, women men