Climate change issue to get highest attention: PawarNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:12 am ICT by admin
“These will be sent to the Prime Minister’s Council as well as Planning Commission for further discussion and action,” he added.
The recommendations include, strengthening research and assessment of the impacts, increase international collaboration, evolve and implement scientific and economic based policies, and invest in infrastructure to insulate agriculture from climatic vagaries.
He also urged the scientific community to explore if climate change would benefit country’s agriculture system during any time period in future and anywhere in the country.
His statement comes a day after Inter Governmental Panel on Climate Change under the chairmanship of R K Pachauri was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize along with former US Vice president Al Gore. (ANI)
- UN climate change panel urged to review methods - Feb 16, 2010
- Himachal to have climate change centre - Dec 31, 2011
- Yechury backs Pachauri on nuclear power - Sep 13, 2010
- Science writer Fred Pearce asks Dr. Pachauri to step down as IPCC Chairman - Oct 03, 2010
- Himalayan glaciers won't melt by 2035: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 18, 2010
- Connect science, policy for progress on climate change: Pachauri - Jul 21, 2009
- Pachauri too doubts if glaciers would vanish by 2035 (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Two-days conference on law and order, internal security - Oct 28, 2011
- Pressure mounting for Rajendra Pachauri to resign as IPCC head - Sep 23, 2010
- Pachauri backs green building technologies - Jan 16, 2012
- Pachauri-led IPCC lauds initiative to build food security in face of climate change - May 07, 2010
- Innovations needed for sustainable farming, say experts - Jun 02, 2012
- India will back Pachauri irrespective of criticism - Aug 31, 2010
- Global standards in India should attain agriculture education, says Pawar - Feb 23, 2011
- TERI's Pachauri gets Mexican humanitarian award - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: agriculture system, al gore, climate change issue, highest level, increase international, insulate, international collaboration, minister of agriculture, nobel peace prize, planning commission, policy decisions, s council, scientific community, sharad pawar, strengthening research, union minister, us vice president, vagaries