Cleartrip launches online train bookings in partnership with IRCTCSeptember 24th, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sept 24 (ANI/Business Wire India ): Cleartrip, in partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), announced the launch of online train bookings today.
With over 17 million passengers travelling daily by train, Cleartrip becomes India ‘’s first online travel agency to tap this burgeoning market by enabling customers to book their train tickets online.
Cleartrip launched a search-only service in February this year and has steadily improved the offering based on feedback from thousands of users the search results from 3000 scaled up to 15000 in six months.
As customer feedback poured in, Cleartrip added maps for stations and train routes, dateless searches to enable checking of railway schedules, connecting journeys where no direct train is available between stations.
Registered users can even save their train searches, letting them conduct their regular searches again without having to re-enter information.
Cleartrip has created the easiest and fastest method for customers to purchase railway tickets online. Instead of having to check aspects of the booking separately, a single search provides users with train fares, schedules and availability simultaneously.
Cleartrip lets users select the stations most convenient to them by offering multiple stations from a city instead of forcing users to specify a station and also allows the comparison of fares from multiple stations.
In addition, users can instantly review fares from multiple classes such as AC two-Tier and AC three-Tier, letting them upgrade to a higher class of travel if they choose. Detailed information is provided for each train including arrival and departure times, number of stops and the train’’s route with all stops.
In addition, a wide variety of payment options are supported, including credit cards, debit cards and net-banking, so virtually anyone can use this medium. All railway bookings made on Cleartrip are permanently stored in each user’’s account, Users can also cancel their bookings online at any time.
Cleartrip has always been very focused on making travel simple and with that mission we have designed the rail booking engine. The amount of data on railways is vast and we wanted a system that kept things simple, while delivering search results in under a second, and we”ve reinvented the wheel to create that system, said Hrush Bhatt, founder and Director, Product and Strategy.
The government-owned Indian Railways boasts one of the largest and most trafficked railroad networks in the world-over 18,000 trains operate daily, plying across over 60,000 kilometres of railroad tracks and over 6,800 railway stations.
The sheer size and scale of the Indian Railways, made offering online railway bookings a high priority for Cleartrip, said Stuart Crighton, Cleartrip’’s founder and CEO.
Developing a unique train product has been a priority and we are very excited to launch India ‘’s fastest and easiest way to book Indian Railways trains online. (ANI)
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Intro Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- India's train fares to go up for first time in 10 years (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Fare hike needed to provide amenities: Trivedi - Mar 14, 2012
- Indian Railways to increase fares after 8 years - Mar 14, 2012
- Trivedi's rail fare hike reasonable, say economists - Mar 15, 2012
- Cleartrip''s online corporate booking tool to give corporate houses 10 - 15 percent savings on travel - Nov 20, 2008
- Railways to set up firms to develop stations (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Trinamool demands fare hike withdrawal (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Mumbaikars cheer Mamata's railway generosity - Feb 24, 2010
- Armed forces to procure 210 AC coaches - Feb 23, 2012
- Railway begins probe into Jharkhand train fire - Nov 23, 2011
- Millions of Chinese start spring homecoming - Jan 09, 2012
- Trinamool demands fare hike roll-back, hints at Congress hand (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: addition users, arrival and departure, arrival and departure times, business wire, cleartrip, credit cards, customer feedback, indian railway, irctc, journeys, launch, maps, payment options, railway bookings, tourism corporation, train bookings, train fares, train routes, train tickets, travel agency