Classic toys make comeback on US kids Christmas wish listDecember 8th, 2008 - 4:10 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 8 (ANI): Classic toys are making a comeback this Christmas, with American kids jotting them down on their wish lists as gifts they would like Santa to bring them.
As per a recent eBay survey, Barbie dolls and board games are back in demand, and at the Times Square Toys R Us store, kiddies can be seen picking out toys that had once been famous during their parents time.
I want Hungry Hungry Hippos, the New York Daily News quoted Nicholas Campos, 4, from Brooklyn, as naming the ”70s board game.
I always wanted to play it! he said.
His 6-year-old sister Ariel chose an Easy-Bake Oven over the other toys.
I want this! I love to cook! I want to make cookies for Santa, she exclaimed.
Reyne Rice, the Toy Industry Association’’s top trends expert, says some classic and retro toys never go out of style.
These types of games allow kids to experience the same fun their parents once did, often with a modern twist, Rice said.
Other toys that were on the wish lists of kids were Crayola, My Little Pony and Cabbage Patch Kids.
Barbies, kitchens and board games, Ivette Rodriguez, 50, from Brooklyn, read off what was on her shopping list at the Manhattan Mall KB Toys store.
Crayola and things to paint. Not even Hannah Montana they”re not interested, she added.
But video games still remain the general exception to the retro rule.
I really want a Nintendo DS, Skye Gonzalez, 6, from Queens, said eyeing the portable game player.
Because I like the guy in the red hat, she said regarding the 80s icon Super Mario. (ANI)
- Walmart Black Friday Deals for 2009 - Nov 26, 2009
- Kids want to ditch train sets and dolls for iPhones this Christmas - Oct 25, 2010
- iPod tops kids' Christmas wish list - Nov 28, 2010
- Barbie doll creator dead - Jul 24, 2011
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Kids in Greece ask Santa for jobs for parents - Dec 24, 2011
- Are Barbie and Ken getting together again after 43 yrs? - Feb 07, 2011
- iPhones, iPads in kids' Christmas wish list - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Toys R Us' Black Friday 2009 deals - Nov 24, 2009
- Iran shutting down shops selling Barbies? - Jan 22, 2012
- `Underwater' Santa Claus a hit in Mexico - Dec 26, 2011
- New Barbie with hidden camera branded a "gift to paedophiles" - Nov 03, 2010
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
- Monopoly tagged "best value" Christmas present - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: barbie dolls, cabbage patch kids, christmas wish list, classic toys, easy bake oven, ebay, ebay survey, hannah montana, hungry hungry hippos, kb toys store, little pony, manhattan mall, new york daily news, new york dec, retro toys, top trends, toy industry association, toys r us, toys r us store, trends expert